• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well when you are hungry rainbow sherbet with schit sprinkles tastes very good. You can sit and wallow in your own **** and talk about how “I was once a contender” or you can move on with life and make the best of the situation. We are never going back to P5 pal, it’s gone, it’s done. If you can’t enjoy what you have then that’s on you. Life is way too ******* short to worry about what once was. 

I think if you we go undefeated or win all but one game have a high profile P5 win or two make it to a NYE6 bowl game and maybe win it that will be an amazing accomplishment and better than anything we have ever done however I also recognize if we go 9-4 lose all our P5 games, win the conference championship and go to Birmingham that’s not going to pump anyone up besides a few die hards that enjoy the novelty of it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think if you we go undefeated or win all but one game have a high profile P5 win or two make it to a NYE6 bowl game and maybe win it that will be an amazing accomplishment and better than anything we have ever done however I also recognize if we go 9-4 lose all our P5 games, win the conference championship and go to Birmingham that’s not going to pump anyone up besides a few die hards that enjoy the novelty of it.

On that we agree.

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

On that we agree.

Well then we agree entirely because I honestly believe you are overestimating the percentage the AAC plays in determining who plays NY6 games vs the fact that the best record of a G5 team happens to usually be an AAC team. Correlation does not equal causation and if you look at anytime an AAC team jumped the rest of the G5 teams it’s from a big P5 win or the other G5 team losing, there are no quality losses or any real critical view taken in ranking the G5 world. 

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well then we agree entirely because I honestly believe you are overestimating the percentage the AAC plays in determining who plays NY6 games vs the fact that the best record of a G5 team happens to usually be an AAC team. Correlation does not equal causation and if you look at anytime an AAC team jumped the rest of the G5 teams it’s from a big P5 win or the other G5 team losing, there are no quality losses or any real critical view taken in ranking the G5 world. 

Jesus you couldn’t leave well enough alone could you? Ok, you want to keep playing, I’ll keep playing.

The best record in the G5 will almost always be the AAC. The voters look at this conference as superior to the other ones. Do an average ranking and you will see we have more teams ranked and at a higher level. When two ranked AAC play each other there are times they don’t drop out of the poll...RESPECT. No you are wrong. AAC teams have beat each other and the winning team moved higher in the polls. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

59c199b4875ec_facepalmted.jpg.6c3070c66a1da67e70f3c0e8fee633e1.jpg

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus you couldn’t leave well enough alone could you? Ok, you want to keep playing, I’ll keep playing.

The best record in the G5 will almost always be the AAC. The voters look at this conference as superior to the other ones. Do an average ranking and you will see we have more teams ranked and at a higher level. When two ranked AAC play each other there are times they don’t drop out of the poll...RESPECT. No you are wrong. AAC teams have beat each other and the winning team moved higher in the polls. 

Only if it’s because other people lost ahead of them, it’s the reality of the situation whether you choose to accept it or not and if you can sleep better thinking we are treated the best out of the P5 I can’t begrudge you of that but ultimately if we lose to our two p5 teams and win every other game while Boise goes 11-1 they are going bowling and we are not and no one is going to give a single care about which G5 conference either of us is in.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Only if it’s because other people lost ahead of them, it’s the reality of the situation whether you choose to accept it or not and if you can sleep better thinking we are treated the best out of the P5 I can’t begrudge you of that but ultimately if we lose to our two p5 teams and win every other game while Boise goes 11-1 they are going bowling and we are not and no one is going to give a single care about which G5 conference either of us is in.

But that’s just it, two teams in the AAC conference will pretty much go 11-1 or 12-0 almost every year as we are better. 

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

59c199b4875ec_facepalmted.jpg.6c3070c66a1da67e70f3c0e8fee633e1.jpg

It’s not the corona virus tests fault for pointing out you got it any more than it’s my fault for pointing out the inconvenient truths of our life in the AAC. I get that people have to create myths in order to deal with the fact we no longer control our destinies but just because we need them doesn’t make them any less make believe. Spoiler alert Santa Clause is fake too.

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But that’s just it, two teams in the AAC conference will pretty much go 11-1 or 12-0 almost every year as we are better. 

It’s probably because of all the games they get to play against AAC competition...

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s probably because of all the games they get to play against AAC competition...

Yeah four ranked teams...