• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

The same number as xCJL had ranked teams at the end of the season.

What year was that? ( it was a joke about how NEB always says conference championships are all that matters and not rankings but then points out there are four ranked teams while the AAC like all conferences with a championship game produces exactly one conference champion). 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What year was that? ( it was a joke about how NEB always says conference championships are all that matters and not rankings but then points out there are four ranked teams while the AAC like all conferences with a championship game produces exactly one conference champion). 

It was the same year he won the conference.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

It was the same year he won the conference.

So one less

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You move up past that team or any other team that lost, you never once get a bounce that would move you past a winning team. If Boise doesn't lose to BYU last season they are in the NYE6 game and there is no amount of ranked AAC teams an AAC team could beat that would have leapfrogged them. 

It pretty much takes Boise to go undefeated to get the NYD Bowl bid. An American athletic conference team can lose one and still get in. The Mountain West conference is trash compared to our conference.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

42 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So one less

What year did xCJL end the year ranked?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Puc, maybe instead of taking out your frustrations on being left out of the P5 on your fellow Bulls fans, how about you go to a P5 forum and let them know how you feel. Because all you're contributing here is a headache.

Jesus ******* Christ. This was Brad less than a week ago:

With fewer and fewer threads, yet more and more personal conflicts, we will start up The Bulls Penalty Box again.  This means a multi-day suspension for those that initiate or participate in personal conflictsso the rest of us can carry on intelligently and amicably. 

I think now is a good time to start with this policy Brad.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 3/6/2020 at 2:19 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes. Strong baked the cake, now all CJS has to do is put the frosting and candles on it.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What year did xCJL end the year ranked?

I said that the AAC sucks because Conference Championships are all that matters and every year we only have one. You said the same amount as CJL finished the season ranked. I then explained the joke so I think CJL has zero to the AAC’s one.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 3/8/2020 at 9:44 PM, puc86 said:

The heretics continue to laugh and make jokes as we continue to burn thru losses and coaches at the pace we used to burn thru conferences and ranked opponents. One fact still remains and that is every single measurable accomplishment in our programs history is owed to one man. I envy their ability to ignore all reality and revel in the failure they demanded. 

Ya. Taggart was great at the end, but he left us. Time to move on and live in the present.

8 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Puc, maybe instead of taking out your frustrations on being left out of the P5 on your fellow Bulls fans, how about you go to a P5 forum and let them know how you feel. Because all you're contributing here is a headache.

Jesus ******* Christ. This was Brad less than a week ago:

I think now is a good time to start with this policy Brad.

I do not attack anyone or make it personal at all, my opinion and feelings are as fair as anyone’s and typically given with more support and reason than most. I don’t think Brad’s policy is quite what you think it is.