• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

6 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I'm not expecting anything this season. I'm hoping we see improvement each week and we don't repeat last season where one week we see improvement and the next it like we forgot how to even play. I don't see us going above 4 wins this season. Next year is where I would look for us to possibly go bowling but I could live without one if we finished 5-7 next year. Year 3 is where i have to see us in a bowl game. 

I am expecting/wanting 6 wins and a crappy bowl game for 2020.  I know we are bad, but I really don’t think we are only a 4 win team in the AAC bad.  Hope your expectations don’t turn out to be right.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s much better than our approach since of adding losing early in the season, losing against any opponent anyone has ever heard of before and losing to UCF to the mix.

Speak truth to power! Leavittism forever!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Speak truth to power! Leavittism forever!

The heretics continue to laugh and make jokes as we continue to burn thru losses and coaches at the pace we used to burn thru conferences and ranked opponents. One fact still remains and that is every single measurable accomplishment in our programs history is owed to one man. I envy their ability to ignore all reality and revel in the failure they demanded. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

The heretics continue to laugh and make jokes as we continue to burn thru losses and coaches at the pace we used to burn thru conferences and ranked opponents. One fact still remains and that is every single measurable accomplishment in our programs history is owed to one man. I envy their ability to ignore all reality and revel in the failure they demanded. 

Best coach of an average program...so impressive 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • ???? 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

If we get to 6 wins I would be thrilled. The talent and player developed went down under strong.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Six wins and showing improvement from beginning to end. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am as big a fan of Leavitt's as anyone.  Quite honestly, I never cared for Taggart or Strong, but this post is sort of clueless about USF Football.

The win at Notre Dame was under Holtz. 

As far as measurable results, the 2 best W-L records in school history were under Taggart and Strong.

NCAA record (at the time) for consecutive games of 30 points or more was set under Taggart/Strong.  

I am not taking the time to look it up, but I am guessing that most offensive records in school history were set under Taggart.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

I am as big a fan of Leavitt's as anyone.  Quite honestly, I never cared for Taggart or Strong, but this post is sort of clueless about USF Football.

As far as measurable results, the 2 best W-L records in school history were under Taggart and Strong.

NCAA record (at the time) for consecutive games of 30 points or more was set under Taggart/Strong.  

I am not taking the time to look it up, but I am guessing that most offensive records in school history were set under Taggart.

Taggert and Strong where playing for the title of Tallest Midget in the AAC, no comparison to Big East play 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

Are these records as much as they are obscure facts? CWT also holds the records for worst season in history and only loss to an FCS opponent since becoming FBS I guess if you just randomly come up with silly things to measure the also rans are littered with accomplishments but when you measure things people typically look at for college football success our history is made up of one man.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Taggert and Strong where playing for the title of Tallest Midget in the AAC, no comparison to Big East play 

And we won so many championships in the big least....(eye roll)...