• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we finished the year ranked in the top 25 for the first time in our history I believe. we finished 11-2 and 10-2 in back to back years.

We almost got to that AAC title game but as USF fans we want more. We need a coach to win a championship so we can put this Leavitt stuff behind us and move forward. Im tired of defending USF for firing Leavitt when I get asked that question all the FN time lol 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Only CJL successes count.

we went a ridiculous 35-6 at one point

broke records for most games over 30+ in a row

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

this is exactly the problem. they aren't speculating. they are saying that they have been told these facts.

You can do whatever you want but you are helping to divide this fan base.

Clearly you do not like the athletic department for what they did to Leavitt. Even to the point where you will start some ridiculous conspiracy theory about them derailing a Leavitt comeback.

I'd be willing to bet Leavitt himself wouldn't even take a call from USF about the job. You honestly think he has no pride??

I  think you want the entire football department to burn to the ground because it will prove how much we lost in Leavitt. You couldn't even enjoy the years where we had success after Leavitt.

Either you're a USF fan or you're not.

That’s awesome, I see you haven’t lost that aggressive edge.  And again being hypocritical for pushing your speculation as fact.  Speculation about a person even, not a situation or a decision or what might be good for the program.  Good work.  

I know Leavitt is/was hoping to return.  He had hoped to be called.  The catalyst of my threads was that direct knowledge.  I’m just not as flamboyant as others when revealing FACTUAL information.

“Burn to the ground”, “do not like Athletic Department”, so silly.  I suggest you relax a bit. I’m donating as much or more now and over last few years than ever, including buying more tickets than ever and giving them away in hopes of getting people in the stands.    Doesn’t jibe with your allegation.   So take that as one way to push back on misinformed speculation, if you come across it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

I am hearing that a deal was done with CJL and the board of trustees did not approve the deal. Can someone make sure that a question is asked of the university tomorrow to confirm or deny this???

This was my initial post in this topic...I really just wanted to try to get an answer. I heard this via Grothe on twitter. Never said it was 100% fact but just wanted to see if anyone else knew anything. I just did what everyone else does which was to provide info and hope for more info. We all want the best for the program and want to win again!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

If the BOT blocked The Jim, that would be pretty sad.  I am not sure if he would have been successful or not a second time around, but it would have undone a lot of BS that happened. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

I am hearing that a deal was done with CJL and the board of trustees did not approve the deal. Can someone make sure that a question is asked of the university tomorrow to confirm or deny this???

Probably was destined for rejection. I'm sure there are influential people that want to hold CJL to his settlement agreement. And I'm sure their are people that just don't want him back at USF. Wish it wasn't so but....              Coach Leavitt is respected and beloved by many of the USF Alumni and Bull's Fan's. His efforts and guidance while building our football program should be "somehow" enshrined on our campus. I believe his positives far exceed any questionable negative. He worked hand in hand with LeRoy Selmon to build this USF football into a reality. 

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Probably was destined for rejection. I'm sure there are influential people that want to hold CJL to his settlement agreement. And I'm sure their are people that just don't want him back at USF. Wish it wasn't so but....              Coach Leavitt is respected and beloved by many of the USF Alumni and Bull's Fan's. His efforts and guidance while building our football program should be "somehow" enshrined on our campus. I believe his positives far exceed any questionable negative. He worked hand in hand with LeRoy Selmon to build this USF football into a reality. 

This

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I would be absolutely shocked if VPMK did not at least have a feel for what the Board may or may not approve of before approaching xCJL.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

"Done deal" is a very subjective term.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

If the BOT blocked The Jim, that would be pretty sad.  I am not sure if he would have been successful or not a second time around, but it would have undone a lot of BS that happened. 

They are the ones that got rid of him.  So I'm confused as to why it is sad they don't want him back.  It would be fine if he comes back but my goodness.  I divorced my first wife. She remarried and got divorced again. I guess I should field her calls or call her?

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1