• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

No. This is not true. Scott has been USF’s top target. They’ve talked to other coaches, but the focus has been on Scott from the beginning. 

Yes. Jeff  Scott has been MKs top choice since the beginning.  Hell even JK pointed to him early on and its been reported that he was interested in this job ‘16.  I also believe MK may have had a conversation with Leavitt and Larry Scott out of respect for MG and other players, but in the end Jeff Scott was who MK wanted and it appears he got his man.  Now let’s get the infrastructure going to help JS build a winning program.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

... Just because his name was removed does not make it likely he was close to the job ... 

This...  all the initial speculation was an ACC connection.

Twitter rumor mill start planting the seed of a Leavitt return.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

49 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This.  Maybe Scott and MK honored NCAA rules by not getting into too many details until after the ACC Championship Game.

I tend to believe this more tbh. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Worst case for Leavitt fans. More than likely the board got an entire list of names Kelly was talking to. They crossed off Leavitt. Just because his name was removed does not make it likely he was close to the job or would have beaten out Scott...which of course he did not. 

Let them live in their fantasy world. You will never reach them and it isn't worth your time and energy.

Leavitt had a million ways to remain at USF, he chose not to.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I just don't believe this though.  With the history involved, wouldn't you think that Kelly would have gotten that part cleared up before he even spoke to xCJL?  Kelly seems a whole lot smarter than to go out there without some kind of okay.

Apis knows this...  if quacks and walks like a duck...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Told you guys he was a D3 poster and couldn't hang on a D1 board.  @puc86 really should have seen that coming

The reason I was a day 3 poster is because I became excited at the thought that the administration was going to try to fix the trainwreck that we turned into. I think all you have to do is look at the fact that we never built anything, such as an IPF back when we were winning consistently and filling RayJay. CJL took UCF off the schedule because they were not good enough. Now where are we 10 years later. Paying xCCS a huge buyout and heading towards the basement of the AAC. The facts should come out and if the CJL stuff was all hype, then most of us won't feel like we did in 2010 all over again.

Edited by RoyD3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

The reason I was a day 3 poster is because I became excited at the thought that the administration was going to try to fix the trainwreck that we turned into. I think all you have to do is look at the fact that we never built anything, such as an IPF back when we were winning consistently and filling RayJay. CJL took UCF off the schedule because they were not good enough. No where are we 10 years later. Paying xCCS a huge buyout and heading towards the basement of the AAC. The facts should come out and if the CJL stuff was all hype, then most of us won't feel like we did in 2010 all over again.

I got it Jim

Just now, chapelbull said:

I got it Jim

Without Jim, none of this would be here, we would be the same school that didn't have a football program for the 1st 41 yrs in existence. Now it would be 63 yrs to present day.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

Without Jim, none of this would be here, we would be the same school that didn't have a football program for the 1st 41 yrs in existence. Now it would be 63 yrs to present day.

And without Abner Doubleday there wouldn't be baseball.  

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And without Abner Doubleday there wouldn't be baseball.

And without CJL and Brad there would be no bullspen