• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s a far too simplistic topic you are trying to debate.  It is not living in the past, it’s repairing the past to build a better foundation for going forward.  I don’t expect that has value to you.  It would be no different than taking LRS back if that were possible.  Or if LRS had left for Oklahoma and then wished to return to USF.  Or god forbid, a nasty, scorned local beat writer did him in because he bumped an office asst.  We might let a little time pass and bring him back.  He did so much for USF and Tampa, LRS did. Regardless, if you aren’t open to the discussion, don’t feel a need to be part of it.  That’s probably the best response.  I think there is value in reconnecting the program.  Involvement of Leavitt would be part of that.  Something more than a statue as he’s on his death bed.  Those that don’t see it as an opportunity, that’s fine.

I don’t disagree with the merits of “reconnecting the program” with CJL’s involvement.

I disagree with people who view it as a dealbreaker for their support one way or the other.

And I vehemently disagree with the spreading of unfounded rumors, like this BoT rejecting CJL as MK’s top pick ‘rumor’. Unsubstantiated rumors (and yes, you must consider the source) are damaging too. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Great input, thanks.  I speculated that TDS knew in advance.  I stand by that.  If you don’t know that the Admin passes in for to groups they want to you aren’t informed.  In the pre-Big East days, I was passed a lot Of information to disseminate informally.

Plus,iIt’s a message board @Bull94, I can speculate all I want.  

As far as other’s speculation, I don’t limit that.  It would be quite boring if everyone could only discuss what they were told.  For example, what would you talk about?  Feel free to speculate on the new coaches hiring, ok?  Or should that be verboten?

this is exactly the problem. they aren't speculating. they are saying that they have been told these facts.

You can do whatever you want but you are helping to divide this fan base.

Clearly you do not like the athletic department for what they did to Leavitt. Even to the point where you will start some ridiculous conspiracy theory about them derailing a Leavitt comeback.

I'd be willing to bet Leavitt himself wouldn't even take a call from USF about the job. You honestly think he has no pride??

I  think you want the entire football department to burn to the ground because it will prove how much we lost in Leavitt. You couldn't even enjoy the years where we had success after Leavitt.

Either you're a USF fan or you're not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

I don’t disagree with the merits of “reconnecting the program” with CJL’s involvement.

I disagree with people who view it as a dealbreaker for their support one way or the other.

And I vehemently disagree with the spreading of unfounded rumors, like this BoT rejecting CJL as MK’s top pick ‘rumor’. Unsubstantiated rumors (and yes, you must consider the source) are damaging too. 

exactly

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s a far too simplistic topic you are trying to debate.  It is not living in the past, it’s repairing the past to build a better foundation for going forward.  I don’t expect that has value to you.  It would be no different than taking LRS back if that were possible.  Or if LRS had left for Oklahoma and then wished to return to USF.  Or god forbid, a nasty, scorned local beat writer did him in because he bumped an office asst.  We might let a little time pass and bring him back.  He did so much for USF and Tampa, LRS did. Regardless, if you aren’t open to the discussion, don’t feel a need to be part of it.  That’s probably the best response.  I think there is value in reconnecting the program.  Involvement of Leavitt would be part of that.  Something more than a statue as he’s on his death bed.  Those that don’t see it as an opportunity, that’s fine.

You're like a southern revisionist historian trying to reframe the civil war.

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

How do you know he even wants that? I'd bet he wants absolutely nothing at all to do with USF ever again. I don't blame him either.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

this is exactly the problem. they aren't speculating. they are saying that they have been told these facts.

You can do whatever you want but you are helping to divide this fan base.

Clearly you do not like the athletic department for what they did to Leavitt. Even to the point where you will start some ridiculous conspiracy theory about them derailing a Leavitt comeback.

I'd be willing to bet Leavitt himself wouldn't even take a call from USF about the job. You honestly think he has no pride??

I  think you want the entire football department to burn to the ground because it will prove how much we lost in Leavitt. You couldn't even enjoy the years where we had success after Leavitt.

Either you're a USF fan or you're not.

What years of success after Leavitt is the question. If USF would have had success then we wouldn’t be crying to have Leavitt come back. I will keep on saying this that until USF wins a championship the Ghost of Leavitt will keep haunting us 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

So, that’s one person that has mentioned maybe walking away if their guy didn’t win?  That’s an individual’s right, it shouldn’t make others salty.

Just now, Bull Daly said:

What years of success after Leavitt is the question. If USF would have had success then we wouldn’t be crying to have Leavitt come back. I will keep on saying this that until USF wins a championship the Ghost of Leavitt will keep haunting us 

we finished the year ranked in the top 25 for the first time in our history I believe. we finished 11-2 and 10-2 in back to back years.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Bull94 said:

we finished the year ranked in the top 25 for the first time in our history I believe. we finished 11-2 and 10-2 in back to back years.

Only CJL successes count.

• Haha 2