• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Truth and Wisdom.

Truth and Wisdom.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

34 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I guess if she got fired under a farce maybe...

I hate going around and around on this and I know Brads response. Maybe they wanted to fire him for not winning a conference title and used that as their reason/excuse. 

Brad's response: They should have had the cojones and then just fired him straight up. 

And that is a legit argument but I don't think it changes the fact they wanted him gone.

• Upvote 1

Only Brad speaks for Brad.  The “investigation” unfolded just like SunTrust would do them to rid themselves of people “for cause” in order to pay no money at termination.  Classic case.  I’m still sad for my alma mater that they stooped that low.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Time to waive goodbye to the Leavitt liner and hop on the.... Scott scooter? Schooner? Idk?

Don’t know, but @JTrue has, in development, the Scott squat.  See it in 2020 at a port a potty near you.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

6 hours ago, Brad said:

We can argue all day. I believe Leavitt would have a great influence on the program.  Others wish to move on.  That’s fine.  For those that have a different assessment of the program’s needs, this goes down as a missed opportunity. Rental coaches will always be available.  Rebuilds can happen every 3-4 years.   There likely won’t be the chance again to use Leavitt to restore the history and awe of the program’s early days.  We divorced from those in 2010.  Fans have gone away since.  It would have been great to really see BullsUnite.  But as you can see here,  this fan base is not unifying it’s dividing. 

Couldn't agree more with you. I've also been privy to information I cannot elaborate on that CJL was a non-starter for at least one very influential BOT member. I do not know where he was in the list of priorities, only that he was indeed considered, which I am thankful to MK for. Scott is the best I can imagine within reach for us without Leavitt, but I cannot help but feel this was an opportunity missed out on. It remains to be seen whether this will have been the right decision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Couldn't agree more with you. I've also been privy to information I cannot elaborate on that CJL was a non-starter for at least one very influential BOT member. I do not know where he was in the list of priorities, only that he was indeed considered, which I am thankful to MK for. Scott is the best I can imagine within reach for us without Leavitt, but I cannot help but feel this was an opportunity missed out on. It remains to be seen whether this will have been the right decision. 

You talkin bout Collin’s buddy?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

12 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

You talkin bout Collin’s buddy?

Negative ghostrider. Neither was it learned online, from a tweet, or anything other than one person to another. I just hope they had **** good reasons. 

Just now, Brad said:

Is everyone on to that?

Well when you tweet a bunch braggingish posts and are all over the guys jock it’s pretty obvious.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Negative ghostrider. Neither was it learned online, from a tweet, or anything other than one person to another. I just hope they had **** good reasons. 

This not to disparage, but if you (not you, specifically) fall into the xCJL 2.0 camp, there will never be a good reason because you're likely still not cool with how xCJL 1.0 ended. Is there something said BoT member could ever say to you that would make his being passed over ok?