• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

stop posting conspiracy theories about USF athletics using TDS to undermine some Leavitt uprising.

or stop allowing people to post such nonsense as Board of trustees Blocked leavitt hiring.

or Nothing official yet but we can expect leavitt being announced as head coach

Great input, thanks.  I speculated that TDS knew in advance.  I stand by that.  If you don’t know that the Admin passes info to groups they want to, you aren’t informed.  In the pre-Big East days, I was passed a lot Of information to disseminate informally.

Plus, It’s a message board @Bull94, I can speculate all I want.  

As far as other’s speculation, I don’t limit that.  It would be quite boring if everyone could only discuss what they were told.  For example, what would you talk about?  Feel free to speculate on the new coaches hiring, ok?  Or should that be verboten?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I don't dislike Leavitt and I'm very thankful for all he did for the program. My point is that all wasn't as wonderful under his control as many make it out to be. I think we need to move in a different direction and a young coach with an offensive mind fits more where we are now. Whether we like it or not to win the AAC or any Bowl games now we need to score 30-40+ points a game. That was not Strong nor Leavitt 's style of play. Leavitt teams were big on the D side but not as much on the O

As time marches on people forget the bad things in life...human nature.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

That ain’t coming back as long as we are relegated to a second class football conference, regardless of who the coach is.

if we ever have a ranked team against another top 10 ranked team we will get that. not sure why they thought it was the coach that the fans came to see.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

That ain’t coming back as long as we are relegated to a second class football conference, regardless of who the coach is.

Unfortunately, you may be correct. This is where we are right now. Hopefully Scott has the type of energy and drive of xCJL so that we can start heading in an upward trajectory again.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

There's nothing to support the theory that MK picked his guy and was only then rebuffed by the BOT. For all we know he gave him a courtesy interview but knew he couldn't get the deal done. Kelly is a pretty savvy guy, and has USF experience. I agree with others that have already said that it is very unlikely he took a deal to the board that would be rejected. That's just not how these things work. People vet the temperature before they make that type of formal pitch.

In any event, I think all the speculation was fun, and hopefully renewed some fans' interest. I was starting to talk myself into a Leavitt reunion, but anyone who continues to harp on this if Scott is hired is doing the program a huge disservice and I hope they rethink it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Is the idea that Kelly interviewed Leavitt, liked him and could have gotten the deal done but got his number one guy, too far fetched to buy into? 

5 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

At some point we have to move on from people who left a decade ago.

How long must we live in the past?

That’s a far too simplistic topic you are trying to debate.  It is not living in the past, it’s repairing the past to build a better foundation for going forward.  I don’t expect that has value to you.  It would be no different than taking LRS back if that were possible.  Or if LRS had left for Oklahoma and then wished to return to USF.  Or god forbid, a nasty, scorned local beat writer did him in because he bumped an office asst.  We might let a little time pass and bring him back.  He did so much for USF and Tampa, LRS did. Regardless, if you aren’t open to the discussion, don’t feel a need to be part of it.  That’s probably the best response.  I think there is value in reconnecting the program.  Involvement of Leavitt would be part of that.  Something more than a statue as he’s on his death bed.  Those that don’t see it as an opportunity, that’s fine.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s a far too simplistic topic you are trying to debate.  It is not living in the past, it’s repairing the past to build a better foundation for going forward.  I don’t expect that has value to you.  It would be no different than taking LRS back if that were possible.  Or if LRS had left for Oklahoma and then wished to return to USF.  Or god forbid, a nasty, scorned local beat writer did him in because he bumped an office asst.  We might let a little time pass and bring him back.  He did so much for USF and Tampa, LRS did. Regardless, if you aren’t open to the discussion, don’t feel a need to be part of it.  That’s probably the best response.  I think there is value in reconnecting the program.  Involvement of Leavitt would be part of that.  Something more than a statue as he’s on his death bed.  Those that don’t see it as an opportunity, that’s fine.

Leavitt just posted on twitter...he may have gotten a job somewhere

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

37 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I don't dislike Leavitt and I'm very thankful for all he did for the program. My point is that all wasn't as wonderful under his control as many make it out to be. I think we need to move in a different direction and a young coach with an offensive mind fits more where we are now. Whether we like it or not to win the AAC or any Bowl games now we need to score 30-40+ points a game. That was not Strong nor Leavitt 's style of play. Leavitt teams were big on the D side but not as much on the O

11 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

At some point we have to move on from people who left a decade ago.

How long must we live in the past?

Until USF finally wins a conference title. Trust me as I’m a long time Cubs fan. The only way the Cubs got rid of the Billy Goat curse was to win the World Series.

5 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

In any event, I think all the speculation was fun, and hopefully renewed some fans' interest. I was starting to talk myself into a Leavitt reunion, but anyone who continues to harp on this if Scott is hired is doing the program a huge disservice and I hope they rethink it.

Agreed, while we have a handful of people passing out criticism and insults to others as if they’ve won an election, we had more people on the board than anytime in the last ten years.  Hopefully we can get back to our manners and use the board to grow fans, opinions, questions and answers.  Engagement online can lead to butts in the seats and dollars in the program.  It doesn’t have to be a zero sum game.  Thanks @WWMJD