• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board of Trustees blocked Leavitt hiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, slick1ru2 said:

He interfered in the investigation. The grown-ups had the last say.

And he got fired and served his time.  What's your point?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

We can argue all day. I believe Leavitt would have a great influence on the program.  Others wish to move on.  That’s fine.  For those that have a different assessment of the program’s needs, this goes down as a missed opportunity. Rental coaches will always be available.  Rebuilds can happen every 3-4 years.   There likely won’t be the chance again to use Leavitt to restore the history and awe of the program’s early days.  We divorced from those in 2010.  Fans have gone away since.  It would have been great to really see BullsUnite.  But as you can see here,  this fan base is not unifying it’s dividing. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

I don’t think the base is dividing. First off, I’d argue the amount of the base that cares about CJL to the point him returning or not makes-or-breaks the program is less than 10%. It’s just a fraction that’s been loud on the forums this past week. But let’s not confuse online echo chambers for reality. It doesn’t help when some people just want to stir the pot, sit back, and watch the world burn... No one is going to remember any of this “dividing” come kickoff in 9 months.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Without George Jenkins, there would be no Publix.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

The dividing I am referring to is those fans that have left since Leavitt’s tenure, many in response to the termination and the thousands others that no longer care about the Bulls - several I know because of the termination.treatment of JL.  This little hardcore fan base at TBP is not what I am referring to.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

We can argue all day. I believe Leavitt would have a great influence on the program.  Others wish to move on.  That’s fine.  For those that have a different assessment of the program’s needs, this goes down as a missed opportunity. Rental coaches will always be available.  Rebuilds can happen every 3-4 years.   There likely won’t be the chance again to use Leavitt to restore the history and awe of the program’s early days.  We divorced from those in 2010.  Fans have gone away since.  It would have been great to really see BullsUnite.  But as you can see here,  this fan base is not unifying it’s dividing. 

I think that the reason he fit our program is he was the underdog, the new kid on the block, the man in the trailer just trying to build something. The people who were around when the trailer was there, understand he was the hope that we all had wanting to be talked about along side UF, UM, FSU...like Brad said, some of us felt that we are in a bad place and maybe he was the one to rescue us. We need the type of passion that us so called Leavitt lovers have...That is what is lost from our fan base. Have you seen all the empty seats at RayJay? Maybe youtube some of the big games during 2007-2009 and see the upperdeck filled with fans. Why wouldn't we want that back? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

We can argue all day. I believe Leavitt would have a great influence on the program.  Others wish to move on.  That’s fine.  For those that have a different assessment of the program’s needs, this goes down as a missed opportunity. Rental coaches will always be available.  Rebuilds can happen every 3-4 years.   There likely won’t be the chance again to use Leavitt to restore the history and awe of the program’s early days.  We divorced from those in 2010.  Fans have gone away since.  It would have been great to really see BullsUnite.  But as you can see here,  this fan base is not unifying it’s dividing

stop posting conspiracy theories about USF athletics using TDS to undermine some Leavitt uprising.

or stop allowing people to post such nonsense as Board of trustees Blocked leavitt hiring.

or Nothing official yet but we can expect leavitt being announced as head coach

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

The dividing I am referring to is those fans that have left since Leavitt’s tenure, many in response to the termination and the thousands others that no longer care about the Bulls - several I know because of the termination.treatment of JL.  This little hardcore fan base at TBP is not what I am referring to.

At some point we have to move on from people who left a decade ago.

How long must we live in the past?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

I think that the reason he fit our program is he was the underdog, the new kid on the block, the man in the trailer just trying to build something. The people who were around when the trailer was there, understand he was the hope that we all had wanting to be talked about along side UF, UM, FSU...like Brad said, some of us felt that we are in a bad place and maybe he was the one to rescue us. We need the type of passion that us so called Leavitt lovers have...That is what is lost from our fan base. Have you seen all the empty seats at RayJay? Maybe youtube some of the big games during 2007-2009 and see the upperdeck filled with fans. Why wouldn't we want that back? 

That ain’t coming back as long as we are relegated to a second class football conference, regardless of who the coach is.