• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is a great Coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

Another year of mediocrity just pushes the recovery out a year. Look at the time management at the end of the 1st half. First a Sr TE doesn’t even try to get of bounds and then with the clock ticking and time running out we line up and run a play rather than calling a time out. I’m sorry, but I’ve been a part of Pop Warner coaching staff’s that did a much better job of managing the clock and our only hope was to give the fast kid one more chance to run.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

I can't believe this thread was even made.  Charlie Strong is a loser.  He looks like a loser, he sounds like a loser, he coaches like a timid loser collecting a paycheck.  The fans have jumped ship, the recruits are dropping like flies, and the team has GOTTEN WORSE EACH OF THE THREE YEARS HE HAS BEEN HERE!!!!  He can't coach, he can't recruit, he can't motivate his players and he can't save the program.  He needs to be gone!!!  There will be 15k in the stands at each of the home games next season if he is brought back.  He killed Texas and he has now killed USF with the final heartbeat of the program to come November 29th after ucf curb stomps us. It will not be getting better next year if he is brought back.  A great coach??!?!?!?!  If by great you mean horrible, then I agree with you 100 percent.

Yeah he us the reason Texas has lost 4 games this year. You guys are utterly stupid. This program was gutted and you are seeing the improvements over the last few weeks. The starting qb is out for the year and McCloud is not a college qb. The team is really a few portal pieces away from 10-3 next year.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Good because right now is not the time to overall the coaching staff once again and basically start over. This team can make a bowl game next season. I just don’t see AAC being as strong as it was this season. This schedule has been one of the toughest for USF. I said it before and will continue to say it is that I don’t give a **** about stats. Stats lie and stats are for losers as one coach put it. Keep the defensive staff. Keep CCS. Keep KB and King. Not sure about the special teams as I see issues with the returns not just the FG kicking. We took too many fair catches because I think the coaching staff and players don’t have enough faith in the kickoff return  blocking. 

I imagine you are talking about last night's game.  Because prior to that I can't remember us fair catching a kick off. Starting at the 25 isn't always horrible.  But the last one last night seemed to be predetermined.  Appeared that one could have been returned to the 25 or beyond.  

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Charlie Strong will destroy us! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

Has anyone kicked around the thought of Strong having a really good year in the final year of his contract (if he makes it that far)?  Our luck, Kelly signs him to a 5yr extension... Just a random nightmare to ponder.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

"Coach Strong is a phenomenal individual, you know, take all the football and coaching out of it, and just analyse and evaluate him as a person, he's a great person."

This is what Coach Strong is: A Life Coach

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

6 minutes ago, usf97 said:

"Coach Strong is a phenomenal individual, you know, take all the football and coaching out of it, and just analyse and evaluate him as a person, he's a great person."

This is what Coach Strong is: A Life Coach

With 2 more conference championships as a head coach than this program has in it's history. Just let that sink in for a minute. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, puc86 said:

KB looks like he is relentless in the buffet line, maybe that’s the thing people are hoping translates to doing something serviceable in his actual job because to date he has displayed none of it here.

Yeah, poke fun at his weight, that'll help us win games. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, TheUpperHand said:

If we wouldn't have laid eggs against GT...

Sorry, losing on a poor call by the refs at the goal line is not laying an egg, we won that game, it was taken away from us. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

With 2 more conference championships as a head coach than this program has in it's history. Just let that sink in for a minute. 

he was co champion. never won it outright. was 7-6 one of those years.lol

was cochamp again at 11-2 with a loss to 5-7 uconn

Edited by Bull94