• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is a great Coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I think Charlie Strong is a great coach. While he’s not CJL, he’s the best Coach we have right now. This team has it’s deficiencies and it’s struggles, but I’ve been impressed that even late in the season they haven’t quit on the Coaches or USF. I really hope CCS is leading the team next year.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Only thing I can say is the team hasn't given up.

So likely Strong back next season. 

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

The team hasn’t given up, but he’s not a great coach. I don’t think he’s even an average coach. His record at Texas and USF show he’s below average. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I think that's more of a testament to the players as it is Strong. But if Kelly brings CCS back after a 4-8 or even a 5-7 season then Kelly was the wrong hire for AD.

I agree all things considered, he shouldn't come back.

there were several times this year and in past years where the team quit on a game.

I think, after last weeks questioning whether strong quit, the players and coaches wanted to make sure they didn't look that way this game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,434
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I think Charlie Strong is a great coach. While he’s not CJL, he’s the best Coach we have right now. This team has it’s deficiencies and it’s struggles, but I’ve been impressed that even late in the season they haven’t quit on the Coaches or USF. I really hope CCS is leading the team next year.

Can we please pass the cup, I need whatever you are sipping after watching us lose yet another winnable game.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Not worth the money to buy him out. Bring him and KB back and suck it up for another year. As frustrating as it is watching a CCS, we are a few plays/players away from having 7 wins and one against a 17th ranked team. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

Not worth the money to buy him out. Bring him and KB back and suck it up for another year. As frustrating as it is watching a CCS, we are a few plays/players away from having 7 wins and one against a 17th ranked team. 

This probably goes against what I said a month ago though lol. I'm sure I was calling for his head. 

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Kinda how I feel now as long as team continues to play hard and not looked like they gave up.

Starting to sound like a battered wife he isn't a bad guy really he just has his bad days.....

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

We're 2 - 11 against FBS team with a winning record since last year. The average score when playing against teams with a winning record this year is 13 - 35. A meltdown loss against a Top 25 team isn't going to make me forget that the overall body of work has been subpar. Unless he can pull out bowl eligibility, he needs to go. If we wouldn't have laid eggs against GT and Temple, we wouldn't be in the position of needing these last games to scrape our way into the toilet bowl. There's no excuse for going from 10 wins (with a bowl over an SEC team) to 7 wins (with a 6 game L streak and a home bowl loss to a G5 team) to (probably) 4 losses and no bowl.

Fickell has Cincy at the top of the conference in his year 3. There's no reason Charlie shouldn't have at least 7 wins in year 3. He seems like a nice enough guy but it's looking like he's set to bring in another average class and there's not much to suggest to me that we're going to look much better next year.

• Upvote 1