• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is a great Coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I think Charlie Strong is a great coach. While he’s not CJL, he’s the best Coach we have right now. This team has it’s deficiencies and it’s struggles, but I’ve been impressed that even late in the season they haven’t quit on the Coaches or USF. I really hope CCS is leading the team next year.

This is very well said. I am seeing some positives to keep building on for next season. USF needs to at most make minor changes. Anything more than that is just plain idiotic. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Bull Daly said:

This is very well said. I am seeing some positives to keep building on for next season. USF needs to at most make minor changes. Anything more than that is just plain idiotic. 

One change that has to be made is get rid of the Special Teams coach...that position has been bad for 3 years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

This is the damage we face beyond lost ticket sales 

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

What has CCS done with the program to warrant him to stay? The team has gotten worse for for three straight seasons. He has not developed any talent to give us up for the future. Name one star freshmen, red-shirt freshmen, or sophomore he recruited on the team? The results speak for themselves. The team is regressing a downward slope. 

image.png.8ce003f930995993285b6e5752bc2d7b.png

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

ineedthisforreactions GIF

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

Strong isn't going anywhere...

Good because right now is not the time to overall the coaching staff once again and basically start over. This team can make a bowl game next season. I just don’t see AAC being as strong as it was this season. This schedule has been one of the toughest for USF. I said it before and will continue to say it is that I don’t give a **** about stats. Stats lie and stats are for losers as one coach put it. Keep the defensive staff. Keep CCS. Keep KB and King. Not sure about the special teams as I see issues with the returns not just the FG kicking. We took too many fair catches because I think the coaching staff and players don’t have enough faith in the kickoff return  blocking. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

What has CCS done with the program to warrant him to stay? The team has gotten worse for for three straight seasons. He has not developed any talent to give us up for the future. Name one star freshmen, red-shirt freshmen, or sophomore he recruited on the team? The results speak for themselves. The team is regressing a downward slope. 

image.png.8ce003f930995993285b6e5752bc2d7b.png

This to a “T”! 

Every year we’ve gotten worse with CCS at at the helm.

Hell, who here doesn’t think that if xCWT sticks around the final year with Q at qb we manage to beat UCF and go to a New Year’s Day bowl game?

I’m seeing the D get slightly better (they still couldn’t manage to hold onto a 10-point lead in the 2nd half last night) but the offense and special teams have taken a dramatic nosedive. 

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here - as if the people defending CCS and co are watching a different team than me - because it’s evident, both to the eye and on paper, that we’ve regressed every year over the past 3. 

Edited by NovaBull

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

This is the damage we face beyond lost ticket sales 

this.  CCS is a loser and needs to be gone.  all those who want him to stay may make up up for the loss of our 2 season tickets

2 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Is he fired yet? 

we could only hope!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If the status quo is brought back next year, how does Kelly sell this program to existing season ticket holders so they renew while trying to get new fans in to RJS?  Next years home schedule is BCC and Nevada plus the rotating AAC teams.  Not exactly an exciting home schedule.  Kelly has to decide what is more costly, bring back Chuckles or moving forward in a new direction.