• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will CCS make it to the end of this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Glad I'm not the only one hoping we lose until he is gone.

Sorry I can never bring myself to hope for a loss regardless of the circumstances...next thing you know you’ll be asking for us to chear on ucf...😂

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think he is here one more year just due to buyout. 

No shot. Zero. Nada. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

When I heard that the UConn game was moved to noon my reaction was/is, oh well. I have plans for the day. At least now I won't be spending my evening in a bar.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

we may have a chance if UConn thinks the game is still at 7

How confident are you we can put up points on an empty field?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Only 20 more games to go until we can start at zero!

:puke:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

No shot. Zero. Nada. 

Emotionally I feel the same as you but unless you have an inside source the money says otherwise.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Emotionally I feel the same as you but unless you have an inside source the money says otherwise.

Does it though? I’m not sold on the idea that we can’t make it happen financially. That sounds like a cop out to me. Would it be ideal? Of course not. It could hinder how much we can commit to paying the replacement. But I don’t believe we can’t simply make the move because the account would be negative. 

Listen, it’s not like we have a guy in place that just can’t seem to get us over the hump, and we think we can do better. This is a full blown dumpster fire. We went from being a play away from NY6 bowl contention, to being 11 months removed from beating an FBS team, in 2 years. This is Tommy Tubberville (cincy), Randy Shannon (Miami) , Skip Holtz (2.0) all over again. And the worst part? This is CCS attempt at being in win now mode. 

All of the transfers that we brought in to hopefully plug holes and win now? Those were short term solutions. Those are schollies that aren’t being used on Freshman that could help in the future. This IS Charlie’s attempt at winning now. And he’s still failing. 

This is not a situation of simply being “not good”. We are legitimately very bad. UConn level bad. There is an opportunity cost that comes with keeping a HC that’s responsible for this fall, that goes well beyond short term W/L. This type of dysfunction bleeds into recruiting, not just for this class, but for future classes. There is a level of accountability that alumni, students, and even high school coaches need to see in order to buy into the program. Who knows how deep this goes in terms of what the players are telling other players in the locker room, what local HS coaches are telling their Jr’s/Sr’s/family friends. 

Cut the head off the snake and start over. Give the new HC a chance at fixing this, no matter the cost. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

22 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Lol I l was wondering why you had a "in bowl games" qualifier until I looked at this year's schedule and saw the loss right off the bat Texas.  Then I checked other years' schedules and saw numerous P5 losses.

So yes if you ignore everything that goes against your argument you are right haha.

How many wins against  top 10 P5 teams does the AAC have?  If you don’t think he’s successful where he’s at now, and I t’s because he changed things, you’re just biased.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

When I heard that the UConn game was moved to noon my reaction was/is, oh well. I have plans for the day. At least now I won't be spending my evening in a bar.

Know you you will still be in a bar - just not watching USF football. :guinness:

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

How confident are you we can put up points on an empty field?

We scored against our own defense (same as an empty field) in the Spring game.

• Haha 1