• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will CCS make it to the end of this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Does it though? I’m not sold on the idea that we can’t make it happen financially. That sounds like a cop out to me. Would it be ideal? Of course not. It could hinder how much we can commit to paying the replacement. But I don’t believe we can’t simply make the move because the account would be negative. 

Listen, it’s not like we have a guy in place that just can’t seem to get us over the hump, and we think we can do better. This is a full blown dumpster fire. We went from being a play away from NY6 bowl contention, to being 11 months removed from beating an FBS team, in 2 years. This is Tommy Tubberville (cincy), Randy Shannon (Miami) , Skip Holtz (2.0) all over again. And the worst part? This is CCS attempt at being in win now mode. 

All of the transfers that we brought in to hopefully plug holes and win now? Those were short term solutions. Those are schollies that aren’t being used on Freshman that could help in the future. This IS Charlie’s attempt at winning now. And he’s still failing. 

This is not a situation of simply being “not good”. We are legitimately very bad. UConn level bad. There is an opportunity cost that comes with keeping a HC that’s responsible for this fall, that goes well beyond short term W/L. This type of dysfunction bleeds into recruiting, not just for this class, but for future classes. There is a level of accountability that alumni, students, and even high school coaches need to see in order to buy into the program. Who knows how deep this goes in terms of what the players are telling other players in the locker room, what local HS coaches are telling their Jr’s/Sr’s/family friends. 

Cut the head off the snake and start over. Give the new HC a chance at fixing this, no matter the cost. 

Money or not, if we lose to UCONN, and I think that is totally hypothetical because they are SC State bad and we will dominate them, then I can't imagine him not being fired. You don't fire CCS after a UCONN loss and you tell the fan base, the AAC, other conferences, the current players and recruits that you are doubling down on a dumpster fire and feel no need to fix it and are going to live with unacceptable incompetence for years. I think that would be more harmful than the buyout over how many years it would have to be.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think Chuckles makes it to the end of the season and there’s a chance he could come back next year.  The finances are that bad.

Ok I’m willing to give it one more year. Hopefully KB’s offense picks up and we can all start putting this behind us

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I wouldn't bet on us winning any of those games, but who knows. If there's one win on the schedule this year that most expect us to lose, gut feeling it will be BYU or Navy.

I have Navy as a possible win.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Money or not, if we lose to UCONN, and I think that is totally hypothetical because they are SC State bad and we will dominate them, then I can't imagine him not being fired. You don't fire CCS after a UCONN loss and you tell the fan base, the AAC, other conferences, the current players and recruits that you are doubling down on a dumpster fire and feel no need to fix it and are going to live with unacceptable incompetence for years. I think that would be more harmful than the buyout over how many years it would have to be.

We said the same thing last year when UConn had a historically bad defense and we needed to recover an onside kick at the end to hold on.

This game will be closer than most think and I’m not 100% certain we win.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think Chuckles makes it to the end of the season and there’s a chance he could come back next year.  The finances are that bad.

Is that fact or opinion..IPF is near an announcement so cant be as bas a tou say.

I agree we are not rich but a disastrous season and i cant believe that CCS would be allowed back.

You can find an up and coming Coordinator at the right price. But u better **** be sure you make the correct choice.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

We said the same thing last year when UConn had a historically bad defense and we needed to recover an onside kick at the end to hold on.

This game will be closer than most think and I’m not 100% certain we win.

It's my stone cold lock of the week!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

Is that fact or opinion..IPF is near an announcement so cant be as bas a tou say.

I agree we are not rich but a disastrous season and i cant believe that CCS would be allowed back.

You can find an up and coming Coordinator at the right price. But u better **** be sure you make the correct choice.

I have no inside info just what’s been written.  I also believe that Kelly will do all he can to make sure this works.  If we stumble in to a few wins with McCloud at QB he could try to squeeze one more year out of Chuckles.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Think what he is thinking is that a lot of funds went to the IPF so it will be hard pressed to find more funds right now. This is a throw away season but can be a success long term if the IPF ground breaking happens soon. Worse comes to worse, let KB take over 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I have Navy as a possible win.

You are an optimist.  They'll average a TD every other drive on this team.  With the number of 3 and outs by our offense they'll run, what, 14 series that day.  They'll get 49 points. We won't.

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are an optimist.  They'll average a TD every other drive on this team.  With the number of 3 and outs by our offense they'll run, what, 14 series that day.  They'll get 49 points. We won't.

Nobody has ever called me an optimist!