• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will CCS make it to the end of this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 10/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, Ghostbuster said:

ESPN seems to think they're not on the same level based on tv deals doled out (this article compares them).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/03/20/ap-source-american-athletic-makes-12-year-tv-deal-with-espn/39229011/

But if you'd rather ignore that so you can knock down USF and put Skip on a pedestal, go for it.  Ignorance is bliss as they say.

https://conferenceusa.com/news/2019/5/20/general-c-usa-nfln-partnership.aspx

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

secret buyout

This is a great name for an album.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 hours ago, usf97 said:

These Coaching Hot Seat articles are just lazy journalism and click-bait. All they do is look at the school record and make some assumptions. Lovie Smith has been on those lists for like 2 years. If they bothered to understand the contract situation they would understand his imminent demise has been exaggerated. 

CCS has quite a bit of time. 

He's on the hot seat

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

That...is literally proving my point about ESPN valuing CUSA less, so thank you?  That link shows ESPN doesn't want any more of their games so CUSA had to shop them to anyone and everyone, including a platform that DOES NOT SHOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL. 

That's exactly what a lesser conference has to do.   So just stop.  I mean I am after this post because I'm beating a dead horse.  There's enough factual evidence to show the markets are less, the air time is less, the media rights deals are less, the number of their teams making NY6 is less.....so eventually you call a spade a spade and say it's a lesser conference.  Which makes the little offhand comment I made about your pal Skip (having done an admiral job in a...gasp... lesser conference) perfectly reasonable.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

That...is literally proving my point about ESPN valuing CUSA less, so thank you?  That link shows ESPN doesn't want any more of their games so CUSA had to shop them to anyone and everyone, including a platform that DOES NOT SHOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL. 

That's exactly what a lesser conference has to do.   So just stop.  I mean I am after this post because I'm beating a dead horse.  There's enough factual evidence to show the markets are less, the air time is less, the media rights deals are less, the number of their teams making NY6 is less.....so eventually you call a spade a spade and say it's a lesser conference.  Which makes the little offhand comment I made about your pal Skip (having done an admiral job in a...gasp... lesser conference) perfectly reasonable.  

Some people find their topic and can never let it go. Similar to that guy that was pushing Ironsides. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

Strong’s departure from USF will come the moment.. TBP’s check for $5,000,000 clears the bank.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

HE has ran the program from good and rising to trash.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Some people find their topic and can never let it go. Similar to that guy that was pushing Ironsides. 

Oh that name will live on this board forever. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

23 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Actually it’s because their tv  contract is with CBS sports, which has a relationship with the NFL channel, so they don’t have games on the Internet like the ACC does with ESPN3/+.  But you keep telling yourself that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

17 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

pushing Ironsides. 

That sounds...