• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hoping the light bulb goes off for Blake this week. Hearing he's getting the ball 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I said earlier here, or another thread, they put Barnett in and he will do well against SC State because his first read will have separation and that will be all CCS/CKB need as evidence and they will die on the BB hill for games after.

Exactly this.  When he has time to throw the ball and his receiver has separation, he looks great.  Against the 9 other opponents on the schedule, he will have constant pocket pressure and his first option won't be open every time.  

6 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I said earlier here, or another thread, they put Barnett in and he will do well against SC State because his first read will have separation and that will be all CCS/CKB need as evidence and they will die on the BB hill for games after.

Sadly I think this is a our fate too. ScSt should be a good FCS team this year season so they couldn't present some problems. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I was afraid this would happen too. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I just don’t understand why KB wouldn’t go with McCloud if he runs the offense more like KB intends to run its offense it’s almost as if it’s not true or something.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hoping the light bulb goes off for Blake this week. Hearing he's getting the ball 

Its not... he has shown the same tendencies since last year...I am going to revolt...of course he looks good in practice...ITS FOOLS GOLD

6 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Its not... he has shown the same tendencies since last year...I am going to revolt...of course he looks good in practice...ITS FOOLS GOLD

I agree 100%

He looks better in practice because you can't hit him. Once you start hitting him he not the same player. Also, QBs being noncontact at the practice negates McCloud's wheels and hides BBs skittishness. For our sake I hope Blake has a breakthrough but it's been the same thing since last season as you mentioned. Hit him a few times and he starts bailing out of the pocket and feelimg phamtom pressure and takes his eyes off of the progressions. Add that in with locking in on guys and not going through progressions and here we are. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just don’t understand why KB wouldn’t go with McCloud if he runs the offense more like KB intends to run its offense it’s almost as if it’s not true or something.

Almost, but you know better.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

In his post game PC Strong said a decision would be made Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess I was assuming there would be some sort of interview or statement but it does make more sense to wait.

Bell was on the local radio this morning but I missed the interview.  We can only hope they make a change. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  274

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Bell was on the local radio this morning but I missed the interview.  We can only hope they make a change. 

I heard the interview. He said both players are talking N.Y. reps in practice and Coach will make the decision on who will start. By Coach he meant head coach.

KB can call the plays but Charlie will tell him who plays.

Edited by tbulls