• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

To advance the discussion and not get bogged down in nuances, split time and reps that have nothing to do with conversation I will day yes they are all pro style because it has nothing to do with the fact KB says he runs a pro style, every qb he has picked was pro style and the game clips look a lot like pro style. I stepped in a trap by committing to a number but I have no problem committing to what I said no matter what corner it paints me into.  Now after months of discussing this can someone for the first time produce the first shred of evidence that KB has an affinity for and properly utilizes a dual threat qb? 

VSU QBs rushed for over 1100 yards and 18 touchdowns.... how much more dual threat do you want? We just need to pick better QBs many have came and left or haven’t been good in the last couple of years. That’s what he does well is picking good QB’s. 

0D5DE2DA-D2C1-4813-A5B5-3DFA5AEB92EF.thumb.jpeg.7b237820e27b6781147e1529148132bb.jpeg

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Calibull's sources have reached out to me. They needed someone to leak info to.

The competition is over already. Barnett will be the starter.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

VSU QBs rushed for over 1100 yards and 18 touchdowns.... how much more dual threat do you want? We just need to pick better QBs many have came and left or haven’t been good in the last couple of years. That’s what he does well is picking good QB’s. 

0D5DE2DA-D2C1-4813-A5B5-3DFA5AEB92EF.thumb.jpeg.7b237820e27b6781147e1529148132bb.jpeg

So last year Cronkrite ran for 92 yards a game and QBs at Valdosta ran for 84 yards a game? Does that mean Cronkrite isn't even a single-threat player since he didn't average 100 yards?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The good news is this week we will finally get to see KBs offense in its element, the minor leagues of football and I bet it completely turns around. I mean sure his current offense is 130 out of 130 but if he could just get his way on everything it may jump all the way to 129 or perhaps even 128. McCloud has been an option to him the whole time but I’m sure he was just completely handcuffed and every thing will blow up for conference play when he gets his way.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The good news is this week we will finally get to see KBs offense in its element, the minor leagues of football and I bet it completely turns around. I mean sure his current offense is 130 out of 130 but if he could just get his way on everything it may jump all the way to 129 or perhaps even 128. McCloud has been an option to him the whole time but I’m sure he was just completely handcuffed and every thing will blow up for conference play when he gets his way.

So your proof that KB didn't utilize a running QB, one might say a dual-threat, at Valdosta is if his offense doesn't work this season? I was a pitcher in college, if you put me on the mound right now in the minor leagues and I got torched, it wouldn't prove I wasn't a pitcher in college. Your belief that his offense won't work doesn't mean his offense didn't use certain princples.

Edited by JTrue

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So your proof that KB didn't utilize a running QB, one might say a dual-threat, at Valdosta is if his offense doesn't work this season?

No it’s his words on his offense and the video I have seen not looking much different than typical pocket passing schemes; maybe he miracles us to having a pocket maintain itself long enough for a qb to stay in it and a play to develop but I’ve probably seen that a handful of times in 17 years.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No it’s his words on his offense and the video I have seen not looking much different than typical pocket passing schemes; maybe he miracles us to having a pocket maintain itself long enough for a qb to stay in it and a play to develop but I’ve probably seen that a handful of times in 17 years.

I'm confused. Your argument starts with KB's offense won't work at this level. Proof of that is easy to come by since it hasn't worked at this level in 2 games. But I still don't understand why you're hammering this point that his offense didn't utilize a running QB despite running for 1100 yards.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm confused. Your argument starts with KB's offense won't work at this level. Proof of that is easy to come by since it hasn't worked at this level in 2 games. But I still don't understand why you're hammering this point that his offense didn't utilize a running QB despite running for 1100 yards.

You didn't get the memo? A QB has to rush for more yards than Barry Sanders before he can be considered Dual Threat.

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

You didn't get the memo? A QB has to rush for more yards than Barry Sanders before he can be considered Dual Threat.

I know... Michael Vick and Tim Tebow were drop back passers who's offense were entirely dependent on pocket passing principles. This is almost as bad as when he tried to say that Joe Moglia took a much more traditional path to being a head coach at a D1 school than KB did to being an OC.

Edited by JTrue

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think by dual threat we need to have a qb that can develop plays while running for their ******* lives. KB thinks he can have an offensive line here and his plays take a while to develop I don’t think all rushing yards are the same especially since sacks count against rushing qb yards in college, maybe I will be proven wrong and I honestly hope all the people lining up to give KB mouth hugs are right in spite of what he has shown us thus far.

Edited by puc86