• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think by dual threat we need to have a qb that can develop plays while running for their ******* lives. KB thinks he can have an offensive line here and his plays take a while to develop I don’t think all rushing yards are the same especially since sacks count against rushing qb yards in college, maybe I will be proven wrong and I honestly hope all the people lining up to hand KB mouth hugs are right in spite of what he has shown us thus far.

Nope. Moving the goal posts again. Unless you can show me where I said KB's offense is going to work. I have repeatedly said KB's Valdosta offense used a running QB. Nothing more.

I liked it better when your arguments were, "I'm puc and I say things and when they're wrong... I'm puc and I can say other things... I'm puc."

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Nope. Moving the goal posts again. Unless you can show me where I said KB's offense is going to work. I have repeatedly said KB's Valdosta offense used a running QB. Nothing more.

I liked it better when your arguments were, "I'm puc and I say things and when they're wrong... I'm puc and I can say other things... I'm puc."

I know it’s a lot to ask but could you or anyone just show me a few of the of the running qb plays we have to look forward to? Like I said when I watch the clips it looks an awful like clean pockets with wide open passing lanes. And then I get further confused because I actually listen to what KB says and see the QBs he seems to start. I know it should be super simple to find all of those amazing dual threat plays so if you could just be a peach and supply a few that would be super.

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know it’s a lot to ask but could you or anyone just show me a few of the of the running qb plays we have to look forward to? Like I said when I watch the clips it looks an awful like clean pockets with wide open passing lanes. And then I get further confused because I actually listen to what KB says and see the QBs he seems to start. I know it should be super simple to find all of those amazing dual threat plays so if you could just be a peach and supply a few that would be super.

So since I don't know how to use Google, all the film you've watched, not a single running QB play was called? All 1100 yards were gained by virtue of scrambling? I'm going to take your word for it here, so I hope you don't lie just to prove your point.

Edit: Whew...good thing my wife is handy with the interwebs. I pulled up the D2 championship game and the second play, the QB ran a keeper option. They must have pulled that trick play out just for the finals.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

There needs to be a plaque in the new IPF that says "Pro style QBs\Offenses not welcome here"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So since I don't know how to use Google, all the film you've watched, not a single running QB play was called? All 1100 yards were gained by virtue of scrambling? I'm going to take your word for it here, so I hope you don't lie just to prove your point.

I honestly haven’t seen a play where the qb moves further than a couple of steps back. I did see one that had a hb pass where the qb went out but that’s the only one where I saw them move. I hardly combed thru tons of footage but it looked more like things imagined here than ever put into practice. I guess there is always a first time for everything but I am kind of a seeing is believing kind of guy so I have my doubts but I hope you are right because me being right does nothing for our program.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I honestly haven’t seen a play where the qb moves further than a couple of steps back. I did see one that had a hb pass where the qb went out but that’s the only one where I saw them move. I hardly combed thru tons of footage but it looked more like things imagined here than ever put into practice. I guess there is always a first time for everything but I am kind of a seeing is believing kind of guy so I have my doubts but I hope you are right because me being right does nothing for our program.

If you want an update. I'm watching their first drive and EVERY run they've had so far has either been a QB option keeper or he handed it off via the option. It's weird, because if the QB can't run, it would seem odd that the defense would bite on the fake. 

I bet this is like when Rocky came out and switched hands on Apollo for the big fight. Valdosta NEVER ran the ball with the QB all season, but they're completely tricking the opponent in this title game.

Edited by JTrue

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

If you want an update. I'm watching their first drive and EVERY run they've had so far has either been a QB option keeper or he handed it off via the option. It's weird, because if the QB can't run, it would seem odd that the defense would bite on the fake. 

I have no reason to believe you are lying so  I can’t wait to see us roll that offense out, if I were KB I probably would have led with that one but maybe it helps to set the bar as low as possible like how CWT bottomed our the program in order to look more like a hero in the future. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I have no reason to believe you are lying so  I can’t wait to see us roll that offense out, if I were KB I probably would have led with that one but maybe it helps to set the bar as low as possible like how CWT bottomed our the program in order to look more like a hero in the future. 

So, again for the cheap seats. Your proof KB didn't run with the QB last season is because our offense isn't working this season.

Just now, JTrue said:

So, again for the cheap seats. Your proof KB didn't run with the QB last season is because our offense isn't working this season.

For the dense, no.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What I do find interesting is IF KB has option plays in his playbook why hasn't he called them with BB this year. He proved last year he can run half decently and usually makes the right decisions in the option.  This is confusing.