• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,378
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

If it didn’t work with Blake as first string what is going to be different if he has to come in as the back up? I say Evans is number 2 at this point.  If Bell thinks he can getaway without a dual threat qb then he is a fool.

Dual threat is the only way I can see us getting a run game going this season. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

So for the football prediction contest can we make one submission if Barnett starts and one if McCloud starts? Cause that is what I am doing right now...hope it doesn't disqualify me 😂

That being said, I have been one of Barnett's biggest supporters since he transferred here, and definitely thought he was going to end his career being one of USF's best quarterbacks ever. Unfortunately though, he needs an offensive line that prevents any pressure from every getting close to him, and that is not going to happen here. If he had an offensive line more along the line's of Wisconsin's, I think he could have thrived. He is not mobile enough and not cool enough under pressure to continue starting for USF. McCloud on the other hand, looks so smooth and comfortable running the offense. I know the kid is a redshirt freshman, but he looks like a seasoned vet out there and I hope he gets an opportunity to show what he can really do.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, puc86 said:

What if and this is a big what if, Blake runs the offense more to what KB wants his offense to run like? Granted this is unfathomable to anyone looking for results but that Blake has been beating out McCloud for months should speak volumes to anyone wanting KBs offense to be more than what we have seen from it. KB from his own description runs a marriage of a pro offense and spurriers offense. He likes someone to stay in the pocket behind a strong offensive line and like most coaches wants to run his system into the grave as he just waits for the proper pieces to run things his way.

Dude if you look at his film from VSU and JU he runs a pro with a spread and has to have a dual threat QB. Have you looked at our talent? We’re slow and our recruiting here has sucked the past two years. His offense requires speed and playmakers. Which we obviously don’t have here. Why do you think he moved Ford to receiver? 

On 9/9/2019 at 4:45 PM, DELdaBull said:

Headline in the Times

Jordan McCloud,  Blake Barnett to Vie This Week for USF Starting QB Job

That’s a joke. I understand giving the senior QB a chance. But he is awful. It is very obvious he can’t read defense or make decisions. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, puc86 said:

And yet for some reason beyond what’s actually produced on the field KB still thinks it’s close. Odd to quite odd.

From what players are saying Blake hasn’t been his favorite. But how do you bench a 5 star senior QB that is CCS big recruit. CCS makes all the final decisions. Hearing that CKB wanted to start Mccloud after halftime. We saw what happened with that. 

Edited by Bullgrad84

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Is this team smart enough to run KB's offense? All of the skill positions have options pre and post snap, then they have to see the same thing the QB sees.

At least that's the way I understand it.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, DELdaBull said:

Looks like this week is the dreaded quarterback competition week. I guess these coaches are blind. From what I saw on Sunday McCloud flat out beat Barnett. 

Frankly Blake's career should be over. 

CCS is slow to make decisions. There should be no competition. CKB loves a dual threat QB which is what McCloud is. He was poised and made good decisions. We can win with him. And it looks like the team has more confidence with him as well.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

From what players are saying Blake hasn’t been his favorite. But how do you bench a 5 star senior QB that is CCS big recruit. CCS makes all the final decisions. 

When a 5 star qb looks like a bad walk on would think that helps push a decision.

• Like 1