• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Well we should have an answer today.....waiting not so patiently to find out.

They were going to announce the starter today? 

Seems more likely we find out 5 mins before kickoff.

Guest Jonesy Bull

My opinion.  Give Blake the 1st quarter - one more shot to right the ship.

If he still looks the same then pull him for McLeod and never look back.  If he turns out to be the star we hope he is, we have an exciting 3 to 4 years of quarterbacking ahead of us - regardless of who the Coach is.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yup, gotta get every edge we can against an evenly matched opponent... :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

My opinion.  Give Blake the 1st quarter - one more shot to right the ship.

If he still looks the same then pull him for McLeod and never look back.  If he turns out to be the star we hope he is, we have an exciting 3 to 4 years of quarterbacking ahead of us - regardless of who the Coach is.

Do the opposite. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Do the opposite. 

Whats the point?

McLeod is our future.  If Blake is stinking it up then why not play the freshman phenom play and watch him grow.

It doesnt feel like we have an overall team to win a championship this year anyway.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

This may not be the hottest take but if this is a rebuilding year then why not just hand it over to McLeod so he can be seasoned for next year? What good is Barnett if he only gets you an extra win or two (maybe) over the course of the season vs McLeod? If it's the difference between 10-2 and 8-4 maybe but what's the difference between 4-8 and 3-9 really?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

This may not be the hottest take but if this is a rebuilding year then why not just hand it over to McLeod so he can be seasoned for next year? What good is Barnett if he only gets you an extra win or two (maybe) over the course of the season vs McLeod? If it's the difference between 10-2 and 8-4 maybe but what's the difference between 4-8 and 3-9 really?

Agree. And simple fact is that JM has out performed BB in the little time he's been in the game. IMO both, so far, have faced the same level of competition. I now BB started against Wisconsin, but by the time JM went in they were both playing against the scrubs. At GaTech the starters were still in the game when JM came in. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

28 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

this isn't a rebuilding year. we were built to win this year. that's why we have all these transfers and returning starters.

we rank 11th in the country for returning production on offense

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

this isn't a rebuilding year. we were built to win this year. that's why we have all these transfers and returning starters.

we rank 11th in the country for returning production on offense

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18204093/2019-ncaa-football-returning-starters-experience

Exactly we are upperclassmen heavy too with who we put on the field on both sides of the ball.  I would be much more forgiving if we had tons of underclassmen everywhere but for the most part the guys out there have been on campus/playing college ball for 3 or more years.   

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

In his post game PC Strong said a decision would be made Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess I was assuming there would be some sort of interview or statement but it does make more sense to wait.