• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Names that you are not hearing on D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Of course he had Elon, UMass and Tulsa

No doubt that the schedule was easier, but I think the 30 scored on the road by UCONN and the 41 put up by Tulane are equally as telling. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Nate Allen... Skinny... even K Webb... they all got better and ended up in the pros.  We've had players go the opposite route too.  I'm not paying attention to his arguments, he doesn't appear to know a lot about our football history. 

Shoot... I remember people saying Auggie shouldn't be starting... I remember people saying Flowers shouldn't be a QB... so I take it all with a grain of salt... I like to call ******** too.

I personally ate crow with Quinton flowers (I was a big Kean fan and still is lol)b/c I was not impressed by his HS film and his debut on the field. But once he was given a chance he shined. So I've learned to simply allow life to take place and if the players get better cool, if not they will get replaced. But to "chit" on players that actually played decent their first year on the field is nonsense

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I personally ate crow with Quinton flowers (I was a big Kean fan and still is lol)b/c I was not impressed by his HS film and his debut on the field. But once he was given a chance he shined. So I've learned to simply allow life to take place and if the players get better cool, if not they will get replaced. But to "chit" on players that actually played decent their first year on the field is nonsense

indeed...  I mean the difference between 18 and 20 is big... A year to grow and mature with these kids can change everything.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Here is a video posted by USF Football today. Great coverage with Roberts going step-for-step with Clerveaux and breaking up the pass. 

I’ve said this multiple times here, Sanders & Roberts are natural corners. Sure they might have played some safety in HS, but their skill sets translate to CB’s at this level. So many people have written them off (esp. Roberts) because of their missed tackles last year. I understand the aggravation, but once you realize they were playing out of position, the evaluation of the player changes somewhat. These are pure cover guys that were asked to play in the box due to lack of depth across the board.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, IBulleve said:

I’ve said this multiple times here, Sanders & Roberts are natural corners. Sure they might have played some safety in HS, but their skill sets translate to CB’s at this level. So many people have written them off (esp. Roberts) because of their missed tackles last year. I understand the aggravation, but once you realize they were playing out of position, the evaluation of the player changes somewhat. These are pure cover guys that were asked to play in the box due to lack of depth across the board.  

I can’t argue that with Sanders and like his potential however Roberts is listed as a SS in the depth chart.  I never said the guy can’t cover which is part of it however he is going to have to do a better job of helping with the run if we are to have any shot of beating a winning team this year.  Nobody knows what to expect however one highlight of breaking up a pass on our slowest receiver has not sold me, hope he has a big year however we shall see.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Corey lea said:

So this is the metric?

It's as good a metric as the mythical headlines you're hanging your hat on ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I dont care about someone on the D... that cost me child support already 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Well it doesn't matter what position you are playing when it comes to tackling the ball carrier. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, IBulleve said:

That was my evaluation as well.  Cover guys.  We haven't had a true safety since maybe angry bird.  Roberts I am still high on being an impact player.  Same with Sands.  I just scratch my head over a lot of the mismanagement.  This defense needs an exorcism for real.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

That being said if we can get some dudes to bat down passes on the line or at least a pressure that would cure a whole heck of a lot.  Our DEs haven't been P5 worthy since Eric Lee left.