• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Names that you are not hearing on D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Here is a video posted by USF Football today. Great coverage with Roberts going step-for-step with Clerveaux and breaking up the pass. 

So this is the metric?

15 hours ago, Calibull said:

Sawtelle is starting and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.  He's been running with the 1's in practice and is 1 on the depth chart.  All signs point to starting. 

I would like to think that Charlie learned his lesson. Sawtelle could not catch a fat lady in a phone booth. If he is crazy enough to run Sawtelle and Roberts out there and let Wisconsin possibly get ahead and we lose, then he deserved to be fired on the spot. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

So this is the metric?

Just sharing an interesting video that relates to one of the individuals being discussed. It depicts Roberts making a play against one of our starting WRs. It isn't a metric, just a video that shows him with good coverage against a much larger WR. 

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Just sharing an interesting video that relates to one of the individuals being discussed. It depicts Roberts making a play against one of our starting WRs. It isn't a metric, just a video that shows him with good coverage against a much larger WR. 

I'm still having nightmares of all the missed shoe string tackling that was displayed last year. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

I would like to think that Charlie learned his lesson. Sawtelle could not catch a fat lady in a phone booth. If he is crazy enough to run Sawtelle and Roberts out there and let Wisconsin possibly get ahead and we lose, then he deserved to be fired on the spot. 

Dude... you're not a coach... you're not a talent advisor... you haven't sat in on one practice. You've never seen some of these players actually perform.  I would hope that no head coach ever made a decision based on your opinion.  Give it up... literally over.  We'll see in a week.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I'm still having nightmares of all the missed shoe string tackling that was displayed last year. 

We have had plenty of players have bad seasons and simply improve. I cant say Robert or Sanders had a bad 1st season. They are still going into only their 2nd year of  playing. Your argument is strictly emotional from the let down you had last year. 

It's will be funny if those two have spectacular seasons... because they're poised to.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

43 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Tackling was terrible across the board, and some struggled even more than others. It was a baptism by fire for many and you have to remember that they seem to have been thrown into it along with a dysfunctional locker room and an overall lack of leadership. 

I know I won't be able to convince you otherwise, but, Nico had pretty darn good numbers last season. In just 6 games, Nico was tied for FOURTH on the defense with 7.5 TFL. Had he played the entire season he would have likely had 6 or 7 more TFLs than the next closest guy. He was also tied for 5th for total sacks. Had he played the entire season he likely would have been 1st or second in sacks. He also added an INT and a fumble recovery. The biggest stat to me is the 6-0 record with him and the 1-7 record without him, with the lone victory being a close 8 point win against the abysmally bad UCONN Huskies. With him, opponents averaged 25 ppg. Without him, opponents averaged 38 ppg. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Tackling was terrible across the board, and some struggled even more than others. It was a baptism by fire for many and you have to remember that they seem to have been thrown into it along with a dysfunctional locker room and an overall lack of leadership. 

I know I won't be able to convince you otherwise, but, Nico had pretty darn good numbers last season. In just 6 games, Nico was tied for FOURTH on the defense with 7.5 TFL. Had he played the entire season he would have likely had 6 or 7 more TFLs than the next closest guy. He was also tied for 5th for total sacks. Had he played the entire season he likely would have been 1st or second in sacks. He also added an INT and a fumble recovery. The biggest stat to me is the 6-0 record with him and the 1-7 record without him, with the lone victory being a close 8 point win against the abysmally bad UCONN Huskies. With him, opponents averaged 25 ppg. Without him, opponents averaged 38 ppg. 

Of course he had Elon, UMass and Tulsa

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have had plenty of players have bad seasons and simply improve. I cant say Robert or Sanders had a bad 1st season. They are still going into only their 2nd year of  playing. Your argument is strictly emotional from the let down you had last year. 

Nate Allen... Skinny... even K Webb... they all got better and ended up in the pros.  We've had players go the opposite route too.  I'm not paying attention to his arguments, he doesn't appear to know a lot about our football history. 

Shoot... I remember people saying Auggie shouldn't be starting... I remember people saying Flowers shouldn't be a QB... so I take it all with a grain of salt... I like to call ******** too.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1