• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Names that you are not hearing on D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

This thread is dumb.  Our D line and LB Corp was terrible for various reasons some were bad luck and some were baked in.  But by all means let's blame the safeties.

LB was more because of injury and lack of depth, safeties we went young and they got plenty of playing time, hope it pays off this year....i think we have buikt some depth through transfers at lb, not so sure i can say the same at safety position, our guys need to step up this year

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

I've tried to forget most of last season but suggesting talented players drop down to div ii is ridiculous.  I know players gave up we don't need to make any assumptions about this season though.  These are loyal Bulls IMO so let's wait a few more days and see who makes plays.

Championship teams need championship players. There is a reason.that only 4 players from the 16 recruiting class is still on the team. 

Although we now have better players for the most part, we did not have depth to field a championship. Not enough quality players in keeps positions. Roberts and Sawtelle could not start in a p5 program. So if we are going to win the American we need players better than the classification we are in. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

36 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Well the thread wasn't playing D. If you think Sawtelle's play alone was the reason we were 6-0 then you are sadly mistaken.

Certainly one thing we all can agree on is that the position, along with the secondary needed an upgrade. 

Blake Barnett led the offense as a transfer. However, Reeves and Livingston  can fill that role. 

I promise you that Strong is not going to let Sawtelle and Roberts get him ran out of town when.you have better options. Grier was active in the spring game. Mims looked serviceable. Sawtelle looked awful playing opposite of a legit backer in Sanchez. 

If you think a big part of the reason we went 1-6 in the final 7 isn't because Sawtelle was missing, you are sadly mistaken. The guy is solid and serviceable. If someone steps up and performs better than him, I'm sure they will see the field. The best guys will play. I am just not that confident that Grier or Mims are ready to step in and take his starting spot. I will gladly eat crow if you are right. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

26 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If you think a big part of the reason we went 1-6 in the final 7 isn't because Sawtelle was missing, you are sadly mistaken. The guy is solid and serviceable. If someone steps up and performs better than him, I'm sure they will see the field. The best guys will play. I am just not that confident that Grier or Mims are ready to step in and take his starting spot. I will gladly eat crow if you are right. 

It will be Macon in the middle with Grier and Boyles scraping. Do you want a championship trophy or give participation trophies?

59 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

I've tried to forget most of last season but suggesting talented players drop down to div ii is ridiculous.  I know players gave up we don't need to make any assumptions about this season though.  These are loyal Bulls IMO so let's wait a few more days and see who makes plays.

Championship teams need championship players. There is a reason.that only 4 players from the 16 recruiting class is still on the team. 

Although we now have better players for the most part, we did not have depth to field a championship. Not enough quality players in keeps positions. Roberts and Sawtelle could not start in a p5 program. So if we are going to win the American we need players better than the classification we are in. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Might want to watch the Houston game again....our secondary was torched all game. 

But yea also vs Tulane so was LB and DL. 

Our defense was in bad shape the end of the season....actually most of the season.   

Georgia Tech actually.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Sawtelle is starting and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.  He's been running with the 1's in practice and is 1 on the depth chart.  All signs point to starting. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

5 hours ago, Corey lea said:

It will be Macon in the middle with Grier and Boyles scraping. Do you want a championship trophy or give participation trophies?

You must think that every transfer that comes into a program works out 100% of the time. Studsill could be a good player but he had 4 tackles last year and 18 in 2017, not exactly Ed Reed. Could step in and be helpful for depth, but I wouldn't roll out the red carpet and ticker tape parade yet for any of these guys.

And once Sawtelle went down last year, we could not stop anyone. I look at that over what big P5 schools these transfers are coming from, and not getting into the starting line up at.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464

10 hours ago, Corey lea said:

If you've followed our recruiting over the last 10 years, you'd know we never get P5 depth.  Every year we get several guys who have offers from P5 schools and choose to stay local, but for most, USF was the best offer.  It's unrealistic to think we'll ever be stacked 2-deep with P5 talented players.  Roberts and Sanders played out of need last season.  They are young.  I'm sure with more practice, they will get better.  Let's not chase them off yet.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If you've followed our recruiting over the last 10 years, you'd know we never get P5 depth.  Every year we get several guys who have offers from P5 schools and choose to stay local, but for most, USF was the best offer.  It's unrealistic to think we'll ever be stacked 2-deep with P5 talented players.  Roberts and Sanders played out of need last season.  They are young.  I'm sure with more practice, they will get better.  Let's not chase them off yet.

I'm not chasing them off...but the portal has changed the dynamics.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Here is a video posted by USF Football today. Great coverage with Roberts going step-for-step with Clerveaux and breaking up the pass.