• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Names that you are not hearing on D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Well it doesn't matter what position you are playing when it comes to tackling the ball carrier. 

Sure it does. Corners aren’t supposed to be the best tacklers on your team. Safeties however need to be. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

That being said if we can get some dudes to bat down passes on the line or at least a pressure that would cure a whole heck of a lot.  Our DEs haven't been P5 worthy since Eric Lee left.

Mike Love?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Sure it does. Corners aren’t supposed to be the best tacklers on your team. Safeties however need to be. 

Being the best and able to are two different things. Lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, IBulleve said:

I’ve said this multiple times here, Sanders & Roberts are natural corners. Sure they might have played some safety in HS, but their skill sets translate to CB’s at this level. So many people have written them off (esp. Roberts) because of their missed tackles last year. I understand the aggravation, but once you realize they were playing out of position, the evaluation of the player changes somewhat. These are pure cover guys that were asked to play in the box due to lack of depth across the board.  

They were also freshmen.  Those guys are young

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

USF will need to update the Media Guide prior to the first game. They inadvertently listed reserves/maybe special team contributors Nick Roberts and Nico Sawtelle as players to watch on defense.

image.png.6bb3646c75463bd5fe8a1e72bd3610e5.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF will need to update the Media Guide prior to the first game. They inadvertently listed reserves/maybe special team contributors Nick Roberts and Nico Sawtelle as players to watch on defense.

image.png.6bb3646c75463bd5fe8a1e72bd3610e5.png

I am glad you finally brought some closure to the argument, if the media guide says Nick Roberts is all that than it’s gots to be true.  His domination against the big boys (UMASS and UCONN) where he picked up 20 of his 72 tackles last year and held them to only 72 points was the clincher for me.  The D overall was horrible last year and no way was he the main reason, we were weak all over.  In run support, (which is critical because everyone is going to try to run on us because everyone did run on us last year) we are in trouble with him playing major minutes, IMO, no basis except what I saw from him last year.

Just now, Friscobull said:

I am glad you finally brought some closure to the argument, if the media guide says Nick Roberts is all that than it’s gots to be true.  His domination against the big boys (UMASS and UCONN) where he picked up 20 of his 72 tackles last year and held them to only 72 points was the clincher for me.  The D overall was horrible last year and no way was he the main reason, we were weak all over.  In run support, (which is critical because everyone is going to try to run on us because everyone did run on us last year) we are in trouble with him playing major minutes, IMO, no basis except what I saw from him last year.

I'm glad that all of you didn't give up on a guy named Quinton Flowers when he was thrown into the fire. IIRC, he struggled a little bit out of the gate. Everyone needs to pump the brakes and trust that CCS will have the best players on the field. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm glad that all of you didn't give up on a guy named Quinton Flowers when he was thrown into the fire. IIRC, he struggled a little bit out of the gate. Everyone needs to pump the brakes and trust that CCS will have the best players on the field. 

I never did on Q, he looked rough in his first game but knew he and not Mike White was the future.  I agree 100 percent, the best will play and I don’t care who that is as long as we start winning again.  Unfortunately I think both Q and White will get cut shortly.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Well it was no quality depth last year. Macon and Studstill, Burnett and maybe Sails are much better than anything that we had at those positions last year. They were brought here for a reason. 

Just now, Corey lea said:

Well it was no quality depth last year. Macon and Studstill, Burnett and maybe Sails are much better than anything that we had at those positions last year. They were brought here for a reason. 

I'm interested to see how they all pan out. Sails is running out of time. Macon and Sawtelle will be a great 1-2 punch at LB.