• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Prediction

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

There are numerous ways an AD can support, motivate, recruit assistance for, overtly direct, or even supplant a HC. While the public may not know the inner workings of the relationship and the extent to which that may be occurring or not occurring, public pressure can itself be a motivator, as has numerous examples both in and outside of college sports. 

If there's a story there about MK not supporting CCS as much as he can, enlighten us.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

10-2 with slips from Wis. and Cincy. 8-4 is my floor for acceptability, anything less is a total failure. 

(Wisconsin offensive line scares the heck out of me... SO LARGE)

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

7-5...way too many unproven players and the defense still scares me.  We might be able to outscore some, but not all.  Who are the leaders of this team?  We'll find out quickly in the first 2 weeks of the season

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, Bausfkid said:

I feel we go 8 - 4 this year.  Very real possibility we open 0 - 2 and then settle in.

Go Bulls!

For those with level heads and football understanding you knew there was a very real possibility of opening the season 0 -2.  

All AAC goals are still on the table and quit on the team if want, but I'm staying with them.  Always a Bull!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

For those with level heads and football understanding you knew there was a very real possibility of opening the season 0 -2.  

All AAC goals are still on the table and quit on the team if want, but I'm staying with them.  Always a Bull!

Go Bulls!

Same...I mean what in the hell else I have to do 🤷‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

On 8/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, FazaUSF said:

Not to be a doomsayer, but 4-8 is my honest prediction, with wins only over SC St, SMU, UConn, and ECU. BYU beat some decent teams last year including a few P5, rallied to win a bowl game, and hit their stride with their 3rd year coaching staff. Temple beat us last year. Neither is looking at a significant drop-off. I think we start 0-2 then gain a little steam with 3 cupcakes in a row, but BYU smacks us and Navy continues the skid. At that point, the locker room is likely lost similar to the back half of this past year. We will overcome ECU because they are pathetic, and individual talents alone will carry us past them. The later season games will likely look just like 2018's collapse; some losses won't even be close. CKB may be able to improve the offense enough to overcome Navy, who is rebuilding, and possibly but doubtfully Memphis and Temple. But CKB improvements won't be enough to overcome the weaknesses of CCS & CBJM, and teams are still going to run up the score on our hapless defense while CCS still won't have learned to keep the foot on the gas - he will still manage the game with a "avoid the loss" mindset and can't step on a throat. 7-5 is likely a best-case scenario, at least salvaging a bowl game. The coaching staff utterly lost the locker room last year during the 0-6 slide, and the fragile optimism to start this year won't take many beats before giving way altogether. 

I am hearing complete locker room loss and disarray. I am disappointed to report it happened sooner than even I expected, and to an even greater degree than I imagined. Looking ahead, I think we win at most one additional game, but the likelihood of the worst season in USF history - finishing with a win over only our FCS foe - is high. Certain coach-player relationships are a dumpster fire right now, and Strong's utter and complete lack of leadership is a root cause. I am hearing he has more or less always been fairly out of touch with the players, but the lack of accountability, awareness, and stewardship coupled with failure to ever establish a conducive culture are driving the program into the ground harder than Skip O'Doyle Holtz could drive a rusted Taggart bus off a cliff. We do not rise to occasions as much as we fall back on training and culture, and they players don't have much to fall back on. There will be no coming back from this unless and until new charismatic leadership comes in and establishes a new and completely different culture foundation. Strong should interview for DC positions somewhere that someone else has already established a solid culture; he doesn't have what it takes to build one. 

(If anyone needs an example, see the first installment of the new 247 series on HBO getting a look at Dan Mullen at Florida). 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Do the assistant coaches control culture and accountability?  Bell was a hc...he has accountability and is holding the players to it...if they aren't executing, he is moving them out...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Do the assistant coaches control culture and accountability?  Bell was a hc...he has accountability and is holding the players to it...if they aren't executing, he is moving them out...

usually not a good sign. most coaches play their best players first.

it's possible his offense is just too complex to pick up in such a short amount of time. especially the o-line.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

usually not a good sign. most coaches play their best players first.

it's possible his offense is just too complex to pick up in such a short amount of time. especially the o-line.

My comment was directed about a prior comment losing the locker room...Strong is the hc and is the tip of the spear, but there are a bunch of other key figures that control culture and accountability...