• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True. But many have said it could not get worse. They have been saying that KU for 10 years now. I would rather be very careful before hiring “anyone” if we actually get that chance. This next hire will be the most important in program history. 

Cool, so let’s put a moratorium on firing anyone in the athletics department to ensure that we have as much money as possible to make the right hire in 5-7 years when CCS decides to step down

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Cool, so let’s put a moratorium on firing anyone in the athletics department to ensure that we have as much money as possible to make the right hire in 5-7 years when CCS decides to step down

I think we're talking one year - if that.  He could still go this year.  God, it has been 23 hours since the game ended.  WTF are we waiting for?  

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I think we're talking one year - if that.  He could still go this year.  God, it has been 23 hours since the game ended.  WTF are we waiting for?  

This is a big decision. Hopefully they’ll figure something out. May be he’ll agree to severance for less money in lieu of termination. I’m sure the lawyers should be looking into causes for term and any loopholes. I would’ve thought that leg work would’ve been done already though

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

One year my man...it’s hard time but we can do it (assuming we don’t get lucky and pull the trigger in the next few days). 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

One year my man...it’s hard time but we can do it (assuming we don’t get lucky and pull the trigger in the next few days). 

Season 2 Omg GIF by Rick and Morty

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

This is a big decision. Hopefully they’ll figure something out. May be he’ll agree to severance for less money in lieu of termination. I’m sure the lawyers should be looking into causes for term and any loopholes. I would’ve thought that leg work would’ve been done already though

I haven’t seen anything from Kelly that would cause me to think he is innovative or has contingencies set up in advance. He seems reactionary. 

Remember his motto is “Keep Calm”.

Last year, many wanted CCS fired on 11/23. Kelly made comments about it on 11/30. Then nothing happened until Gilbert was hired away on 12/05.

It appears obvious Kelly hoped CCS would give him something to work with this year. It didn’t happen. He said all evaluations will be made at season’s end.

I don’t think Kelly has the fortitude to try and go another season with CCS at the helm so he probably STARTED working on that contingency today.

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

I haven’t seen anything from Kelly that would cause me to think he is innovative or has contingencies set up in advance. He seems reactionary. 

Last year, many wanted CCS fired on 11/23. Kelly made comments about it on 11/30. Then nothing happened until Gilbert was hired away on 12/05.

It appears obvious Kelly hoped CCS would give him something to work with this year. It didn’t happen. He said all evaluations will be made at season’s end.

I don’t think Kelly has the fortitude to try and go another season with CCS at the helm so he probably STARTED working on that contingency today.

I think you’re right. Today seems like a day late and a dollar short though

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

So his sole performance in his duties are predicated on firing Charlie this year and not next year?  Glad I don't work for you.  RB "Hey, CousinRicky, I want you to fire the guy in Shipping."  CR "But he has a contract and it will cost two years salary to fire him and the budget you allow for shipping this year won't cover it".  RB "Fire him anyway and figure it out". CR "Gotcha boss".  

Cuz got mixed up in some bourbon, glad to have you back bro, USF will make you drink.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, usf97 said:

Do you know his history?  Pretty sure his jobs have been planning for things years in advance. I'd be shocked if he started thinking about this after the loss.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Do you know his history?  Pretty sure his jobs have been planning for things years in advance. I'd be shocked if he started thinking about this after the loss.  

Exactly! MK has a great resume and track record of success. He didn’t make it this far in life by not thinking things through with a solid plan for the future. I feel at ease with him leading USF athletics.