• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If you are moving the deck chairs around the ship is already sinking. 

My thoughts go something like this: 

If you have chosen a starter then a few weeks later are changing that person to start someone else who may or may not be better,  then you are bad at personnel evaluation.  That is a key part of coaching.  Maybe you should not be a coach. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

My comment was directed about a prior comment losing the locker room...Strong is the hc and is the tip of the spear, but there are a bunch of other key figures that control culture and accountability...

While that is true, Bell is new, and new additions to any organization take time to assimilate into the organization, gain credibility, and then take advantage of room to establish their own marks. The foundation and philosophy are laid by the head coach; members of any organization will always look to the leader for guidance first. If your engine fails, your transmission can only try so hard to keep things going. I do not believe "spreading the blame" will be an effective way to address the situation. 

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/23/2019 at 11:32 AM, FazaUSF said:

Not to be a doomsayer, but 4-8 is my honest prediction, with wins only over SC St, SMU, UConn, and ECU. BYU beat some decent teams last year including a few P5, rallied to win a bowl game, and hit their stride with their 3rd year coaching staff. Temple beat us last year. Neither is looking at a significant drop-off. I think we start 0-2 then gain a little steam with 3 cupcakes in a row, but BYU smacks us and Navy continues the skid. At that point, the locker room is likely lost similar to the back half of this past year. We will overcome ECU because they are pathetic, and individual talents alone will carry us past them. The later season games will likely look just like 2018's collapse; some losses won't even be close. CKB may be able to improve the offense enough to overcome Navy, who is rebuilding, and possibly but doubtfully Memphis and Temple. But CKB improvements won't be enough to overcome the weaknesses of CCS & CBJM, and teams are still going to run up the score on our hapless defense while CCS still won't have learned to keep the foot on the gas - he will still manage the game with a "avoid the loss" mindset and can't step on a throat. 7-5 is likely a best-case scenario, at least salvaging a bowl game. The coaching staff utterly lost the locker room last year during the 0-6 slide, and the fragile optimism to start this year won't take many beats before giving way altogether. 

Ding ding ding we have a winner folks. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

awkward the legend of sleepy hollow GIF
this didn’t age well. Most of us inverted our guesses

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, Bausfkid said:

I feel we go 8 - 4 this year.  Very real possibility we open 0 - 2 and then settle in.

Go Bulls!

I missed wildly.  I can make excuses for this team’s performance, but that is all they would be.

The #1 position that needs addressing no matter who is leading is the OL.  An absolute D1 embarrassment.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I missed wildly.  I can make excuses for this team’s performance, but that is all they would be.

The #1 position that needs addressing no matter who is leading is the OL.  An absolute D1 embarrassment.  

They were young last year and they regressed big time this season.  Bell brought his coach for the OL.

The whole offense is an embarrassment 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

37 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

They were young last year and they regressed big time this season.  Bell brought his coach for the OL.

The whole offense is an embarrassment 

The play by the senior linemen was absolutely embarrassing. To think there was talk last season about Marcus Norman getting drafted.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

On 8/17/2019 at 11:22 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

Early on I had us at 7-5, however, I’ve bought in to some of the hype and now think we go 8-4.

No more hype for me.  Not even if Urban Meyer is named HC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I had us at 7-5. Could have made it to if...if..if..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner folks. 

I know my team. SMU was better than I expected and BYU was worse than I expected. 

If we do not fire Charlie this year, a 1 to 2-win season is likely next year with a loss to FAU. FAU, PPL. Please let Michael Kelly and the BOT make the right, smart, and deserved choice to FIRE STRONG. 

Edited by FazaUSF