• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Prediction

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

50 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Direct it at the Athletics Director who allows a failure coach to continue failing our student-athletes. If I am wrong as a TRUE initial CCS-fan, I am happy to eat my shoe and get behind him once more. 

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why would I be mad at the athletic directer that maybe did not make a home run hire when we only had one good coaching hire ever and we were no longer as high of a destination as we once were. CSS was a name brand with Florida ties at a bargain basement price and I could understand why someone would consider the hire,

He's not talking about THAT AD. He's saying that MK should have fired a head coach after only two seasons, with a 17-8 record ...... and then those so inclined could watch the national media really pour some negativity our way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

He's not talking about THAT AD. He's saying that MK should have fired a head coach after only two seasons, with a 17-8 record ...... and then those so inclined could watch the national media really pour some negativity our way.

Seems reasonable. I know if I was new to a job (not just the company but the entire career) I would try to show up, fire someone that has been moderately successful and has only been in the position for what is seen as a short time by the career standard and wasn’t “my guy” so that I can immediately try to make the problem mine as fast as possible with no reason to believe my hire will be any better than my predecessor’s hire. You should always try to start your clock and jump to the second envelope as soon as possible-

A new CEO was hired to take over a struggling company. The CEO who was stepping down met with him privately and presented him with three numbered envelopes. “Open these if you run into serious trouble,” he said.

Well, three months later sales and profits were still way down and the new CEO was catching a lot of heat. He began to panic but then he remembered the envelopes. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, “Blame your predecessor.” The new CEO called a press conference and explained that the previous CEO had left him with a real mess and it was taking a bit longer to clean it up than expected, but everything was on the right track. Satisfied with his comments, the press – and Wall Street – responded positively.

Another quarter went by and the company continued to struggle. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO quickly opened the second envelope. The message read, “Reorganize.” So he fired key people, consolidated divisions and cut costs everywhere he could. This he did and Wall Street, and the press, applauded his efforts.

Three months passed and the company was still short on sales and profits. The CEO would have to figure out how to get through another tough earnings call. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope. The message said, “Prepare three envelopes.”

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I never understand why people piss and moan about last season when they can piss and moan about a decade ago.

7CEC99C1-1C53-4462-B215-4BDBE2226FD7.jpeg

Oh hell yeah brother...even changed your handle picture. 🤘

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh hell yeah brother...even changed your handle picture. 🤘

It’s more on brand.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s more on brand.

True...I’ll be using your example in my class this term on consistent brand application in the marketplace 😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

I did not say fire. 

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

I will save my ire for the athletic director that ripped the heart and soul from our program and has damned our program for what has seemed like an eternity.

I do agree with this. DW set us back years, if not decades, in many ways. 

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
21 hours ago, Triple B said:

To me, this is a lot of people's biggest ******* problem, worrying so much about what other people think/say and not just appreciating USF football as USF football. Creates a lot of emotional dilemmas ....

Yeah, but the thing was they didn't do it in the given games they really needed to ...... but of course that hinges on how one defines "games they really needed to" and a story for a different time.

Certainly not In Conference or we would have had won a couple of chamionships by now.

However the big OOC upsets like Auburn for example at least gave us real recognition and put us on the map.

If I were to pick having one or the other.  Its a tough call but probably the conerence chapionships.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

38 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I did not say fire. 

If that's not what you meant with this, " Direct it at the Athletics Director who allows a failure coach to continue failing our student-athletes., my bad. what does it mean?

There are numerous ways an AD can support, motivate, recruit assistance for, overtly direct, or even supplant a HC. While the public may not know the inner workings of the relationship and the extent to which that may be occurring or not occurring, public pressure can itself be a motivator, as has numerous examples both in and outside of college sports.