• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

27 minutes ago, MikeG said:

missed this being posted but am a bit confused why you put such an early end for the entries. Seems like you could have accepted responses as late as this week even or up to game time for Wisconsin.

Because it's a, "Way Too Early" prediction contest.  I just thought it would be fun to see what others thought back in July, before fall camp news comes out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

16 hours ago, puc86 said:

Did you get a bunch of hate or did people want to enjoy the 7 wins instead of lamenting every week about how there was losses on the horizon? Was 10 months of complaining about the 6 losses not enough and we all needed to bemoan the losses that had not happened to that point instead of enjoying the 7 wins we had and probably had gotten lucky to have gotten? When is it okay to enjoy wins? After you go undefeated ? When the majority of fans don't see losses on the horizon? 

It was hollow. It was setting ourselves up for a much harder emotional crash to get caught up in a bunch of ultimately marginal, condonable wins. I hated seeing the talking sports heads using us as a punching bag as "the worst/most fake undefeated team ever", mentioning us only as a bunch of boollsheeyit, and knowing this time they were right. It gave them more opportunity to draw contrast with C and remark how much C has passed us up, after they couldn't beat us at all for a decade. I am a huge green and gold glasses wearer and it hurts me more than my dog dying when the Bulls lose, and in my age I guess that is becoming more difficult. My Bulls fanship solidified in the days when a Leavitt-coached team could just seem to will themselves to victory despite all odds in any given game. They would feed off his emotion and rise up from underdog to giant slayer, and sometimes it took just one huge play to turn the tide. That hasn't been the case in recent years even though that hope within us hasn't died, and it sucks, because it means the loss we see coming is indeed going to end up as feared. I want our Bulls to get press, but for the right reasons, not for hollow victories against vastly overmatched opponents which just happen to be scheduled in such a way as to seem like "an undefeated team is in the works." It's like catching a huge wave but seeing the rocks ahead and knowing what's coming but posing for this cameras right before you shatter your board and dismember yourself on the rocks you could have avoided. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

It was hollow. It was setting ourselves up for a much harder emotional crash to get caught up in a bunch of ultimately marginal, condonable wins. I hated seeing the talking sports heads using us as a punching bag as "the worst/most fake undefeated team ever", mentioning us only as a bunch of boollsheeyit, and knowing this time they were right. It gave them more opportunity to draw contrast with C and remark how much C has passed us up, after they couldn't beat us at all for a decade. I am a huge green and gold glasses wearer and it hurts me more than my dog dying when the Bulls lose, and in my age I guess that is becoming more difficult. My Bulls fanship solidified in the days when a Leavitt-coached team could just seem to will themselves to victory despite all odds in any given game. They would feed off his emotion and rise up from underdog to giant slayer, and sometimes it took just one huge play to turn the tide. That hasn't been the case in recent years even though that hope within us hasn't died, and it sucks, because it means the loss we see coming is indeed going to end up as feared. I want our Bulls to get press, but for the right reasons, not for hollow victories against vastly overmatched opponents which just happen to be scheduled in such a way as to seem like "an undefeated team is in the works." It's like catching a huge wave but seeing the rocks ahead and knowing what's coming but posing for this cameras right before you shatter your board and dismember yourself on the rocks you could have avoided. 

I’ve gotten used to them not talking about us, I would much prefer to be the worst 7-0 team on the planet than the alternative. To each his own I guess but I hope to never get to a point where I see wins as a bad thing because I’ve determined or let someone else determine for me that they aren’t deserved, I would love to win every game and be considered the worst undefeated team of all time.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ve gotten used to them not talking about us, I would much prefer to be the worst 7-0 team on the planet than the alternative. To each his own I guess but I hope to never get to a point where I see wins as a bad thing because I’ve determined or let someone else determine for me that they aren’t deserved, I would love to win every game and be considered the worst undefeated team of all time.

Sorry, but ucf beat us to that one.

Edited by BDYZR

50 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Don’t be a Debbie downer you have to have faith that one day we can snatch that distinction from them 

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I LOL'd at that

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I hated seeing the talking sports heads using us as a punching bag as "the worst/most fake undefeated team ever", mentioning us only as a bunch of boollsheeyit, and knowing this time they were right. It gave them more opportunity to draw contrast with C and remark how much C has passed us up, after they couldn't beat us at all for a decade.

To me, this is a lot of people's biggest ******* problem, worrying so much about what other people think/say and not just appreciating USF football as USF football. Creates a lot of emotional dilemmas ....

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

My Bulls fanship solidified in the days when a Leavitt-coached team could just seem to will themselves to victory despite all odds in any given game.

Yeah, but the thing was they didn't do it in the given games they really needed to ...... but of course that hinges on how one defines "games they really needed to" and a story for a different time.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, but the thing was they didn't do it in the given games they really needed to ...... but of course that hinges on how one defines "games they really needed to" and a story for a different time.

Still no coach has accomplished what Leavitt did, and certainly none have assumed the mantle of the personality/soul of the program. When one does, I'll happily sing their praises. CWT came close before ghosting but still lost the games that "mattered," again hinging on that definition. Still no conference championship, still no NY6 debut. He also made it obvious we were a temporary stepping stone and didn't give a **** about destroying our history in favor of engineering one of his signature "turnarounds," like never having gotten shut out in regular season game, like never having lost to a I-AA, and the list goes on. But I digress, this isn't about coaches. Its about realism versus head-in-the-sand fanship. Either is fine as long you're a Bull in my book, but it doesn't mean I'll not express a differing viewpoint in our little fan universe. 

Regarding caring what others say or think - you can perhaps live in a bubble and avoid awareness of national discussion when it is convenient and when it involves negativity directed toward our school, but I guarantee you'll be among those turning on that idiot talking-head sports network and reveling in the glory if USF is ever top ten again, playing in a NY6 bowl, or College GameDay ever shows up for one of our home games. Can't imagine you'd avoid talking about it with coworkers, family, and general folks you may chat sports with. Those conversations are going to happen whether we ignore it or not, and if caring about how our team is portrayed in them makes a fool, then a fool I am happy to be. I will always want USF to be positioned for the best possible portrayal in the national conversation, and will wish otherwise if it is currently not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

Regarding caring what others say or think - you can perhaps live in a bubble and avoid awareness of national discussion when it is convenient and when it involves negativity directed toward our school,

We are not discussed nationally so no need to live in the bubble.  The point is to enjoy the wins and try not to beat ourselves up too much when our team wins.    Everyone of us knew we were a fraud last year early and were going to be exposed however no need to be a downer and pee on everyone’s parade stating the obvious.  

28 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We are not discussed nationally so no need to live in the bubble.  The point is to enjoy the wins and try not to beat ourselves up too much when our team wins.    Everyone of us knew we were a fraud last year early and were going to be exposed however no need to be a downer and pee on everyone’s parade stating the obvious.  

I have had more time to be mad at last season than I care to, I am still waiting for anyone to explain to me what value 8 more weeks of being pissed would have brought to me.