• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

What a great discussion.....two weeks from now we get the Bulls.  The new offense and a hopefully developed defense.  The energy is there.  It seems the offensive weapons are abundant.  Maybe the D has a chip.  Let's go!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Like this tweet on the PFF Preseason look at the AAC?

image.png

https://twitter.com/PFF_Cam/status/1162469077350146048?s=20

I kid you not 90% of the time I try to Google something AAC related it tries to autocorrect it to ACC. We have a perception problem that extends far beyond any success that can happen within the conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Should we rename the conference to something more original like the Power 6 Conference?

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Should we rename the conference to something more original like the Power 6 Conference?

We went all gimmick all of the time to try to force the relevancy that was obviously lost. We named our conference what would appear to be something to be confused with ACC and to fall at the top of alphabetical rankings and started labeling ourselves P6 even though we lacked any of the money, prestige, television or access of the P5 programs. The end result is everyone just put the ACC at the top of the alphabetic rankings and everyone dismissed us as irrelevant hangers on. It is no wonder UCF went with a delusional game plan of self professed national championships because its a cornerstone of the conference. The Big East was a name with at least some brand equity and when the basketball teams wanted to split we should have said no problem go start whatever conference you would like. When they replied but we want the name we should have said no problem see you in court. We thought we could do some cute reinvent, force ourselves in places we did not belong and grab some cash for the deal, we were woefully wrong.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

We went all gimmick all of the time to try to force the relevancy that was obviously lost. We named our conference what would appear to be something to be confused with ACC and to fall at the top of alphabetical rankings and started labeling ourselves P6 even though we lacked any of the money, prestige, television or access of the P5 programs. The end result is everyone just put the ACC at the top of the alphabetic rankings and everyone dismissed us as irrelevant hangers on. It is no wonder UCF went with a delusional game plan of self professed national championships because its a cornerstone of the conference. The Big East was a name with at least some brand equity and when the basketball teams wanted to split we should have said no problem go start whatever conference you would like. When they replied but we want the name we should have said no problem see you in court. We thought we could do some cute reinvent, force ourselves in places we did not belong and grab some cash for the deal, we were woefully wrong.  

I agree. The powers that be really botched that one. I wonder if the right path is to try to build up the relevancy of the AAC or try to get pulled into a power 5 conference. Do you think there will be another conference alignment and will our school be more prepared?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

36 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I agree. The powers that be really botched that one. I wonder if the right path is to try to build up the relevancy of the AAC or try to get pulled into a power 5 conference. Do you think there will be another conference alignment and will our school be more prepared?

So we should have gone with the what?  Small 11 Conference?  The Big East Coast Some Midwest and South Conference.

This is why they tried to go with The American rather than using the AAC initials.  To try to differentiate.  At least if my feeble memory recalls. The American actually sounds okay to me and works if we should add Boise or BYU or SDSU.

Edit:  Maybe should have just gone with The American Conference and abbreviated with TAC.  But then we would have to get permission from Ohio State to be called The anything.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So we should have gone with the what?  Small 11 Conference?  The Big East Coast Some Midwest and South Conference.

This is why they tried to go with The American rather than using the AAC initials.  To try to differentiate.  At least if my feeble memory recalls. The American actually sounds okay to me and works if we should add Boise or BYU or SDSU.

Edit:  Maybe should have just gone with The American Conference and abbreviated with TAC.  But then we would have to get permission from Ohio State to be called The anything.

THE University of South Florida!

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was thinking Conference Realignment After Products. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

We can only hope and pray for realignment. There is no path to relevancy for the aac because any path would cost the P5 money and they aren’t going to part with that just to be nice. I think we are prepared as we are able the only thing that matters is convincing a conference and the people that cut the checks you will make them more money than you will cost them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Using THE causes heart problems ask OSU.