• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

We can only hope and pray for realignment. There is no path to relevancy for the aac because any path would cost the P5 money and they aren’t going to part with that just to be nice. I think we are prepared as we are able the only thing that matters is convincing a conference and the people that cut the checks you will make them more money than you will cost them.

You better pray hard as it is very unlikely there are any significant shifts among teams...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You better pray hard as it is very unlikely there are any significant shifts among teams...

8B06DDFE-64C8-4C2B-8629-873F832FD442.jpeg

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

8B06DDFE-64C8-4C2B-8629-873F832FD442.jpeg

I once saw Kermit rip a rail off Miss Piggy’s A$$.  I don’t bother hoping, 🙏 or wishing for an invite.  We either get it or we don’t, life is too short , accept where we are and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

We have been primed for bigger crowds at Ray Jay  but the program can't seem to get over the hump the last 3 or so years.

Losing at home vs FSU with Tags...that one hurt.

Last years big losing streak also killed momentum we had gained.

The fringe fans are ready and we should welcome them, we could use the extra noise, money and it looks better on tv.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We have been primed for bigger crowds at Ray Jay  but the program can't seem to get over the hump the last 3 or so years.

Losing at home vs FSU with Tags...that one hurt.

Last years big losing streak also killed momentum we had gained.

The fringe fans are ready and we should welcome them, we could use the extra noise, money and it looks better on tv.   

When we start beating their traditional teams like FSU,Miami, and UF we will gain more traction with the younger adults. I grew up a Miami fan and became a USF fan when I went there. Winning will draw in more fans from the TAMPA AREA and bandwagon fans.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

4 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

When we start beating their traditional teams like FSU,Miami, and UF we will gain more traction with the younger adults. I grew up a Miami fan and became a USF fan when I went there. Winning will draw in more fans from the TAMPA AREA and bandwagon fans.

Got to be able to continue to to schedule them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Got to be able to continue to to schedule them.

AND beat them.  Just because Alabama is coming to Ray Jay doesn't mean USF wins the game.  It will be a one-off and the crowds will dwindle afterward.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

AND beat them.  Just because Alabama is coming to Ray Jay doesn't mean USF wins the game.  It will be a one-off and the crowds will dwindle afterward.

Quiet true...don’t win and we look like nothing more than a punching bag for the bigs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

We forgot that we need to have fun!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, BullyPulpit said:

The difference was they were talking about how the Big East wasn't worthy. They don't even mention the AAC now until a team is 10-0 or 11-0 and then it is to trash them. I have previously highlighted how the Big East perception was different back then. West Virginia was preseason #3 with 1 first place vote in 2007. That would NEVER happen with an AAC team. NEVER. The Big East may have been a bottom rung on the ladder, but it was still part of the ladder. The P6 narrative of the AAC is fun, but no one takes it seriously. Despite not feeling that the Big East was worthy, the media was forced to take it seriously and provide fair and ample coverage because of its ties to the BCS. 

This is it. They don't even bother to denigrate us now because we aren't a threat.

Saying the big east wasn't more relevant than the AAC is like saying your ex really wasn't that hot. It's bitter, sour grapes, and not true. Clearly the average fan believes we are less relevant. Because we are.