• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Makes way too much sense. This kind of rationale thinking will never fly on this board sir! But I agree 100%!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477

2 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Makes way too much sense. This kind of rationale thinking will never fly on this board sir! But I agree 100%!

You are probably right but it had to be said. lol. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Wasnt that long ago McNeese state gave us big loss and we were in a bad spot for 3+ seasons. 

I now cherish more the good times even if they arent as smooth as I wished they were.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

You make good points, and yes there are a lot of complainers, and people that don't want to support the program for many reasons, mainly we have taken a step back when the Big East fell apart, and haven't done anything spectacular since then.

That said, I think that overall there is more optimism about this team then there was last year (at least from most of the posts that I have read)…...but yes we definitely have more than our share of Debbie Downers. 

The hard core fans will continue to support this team (which are a lot of people on this board).  However, getting the general fans back will be a much tougher task.  Its going to take some high profile wins and publicity to make that happen.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483

I mean I see criticism, but I just don't think I'm reading the same stuff you are. I see mostly optimism?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

A lot of people on this board spend way too much time on the past. Yes, it was nice but it’s gone. Time to look to the future and enjoy each season, each game, and each snap. It’s not too hard for me to do because when I attended USF the campus was atrocious and there was no sign of football. Thus, I am grateful for what we have. Do I want more? Absolutely! More wins! A championship! A New Year’s Day game! Etc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Nick Carroll said:

I fought to catch any away game I could find on TV because more often than not it was **** near impossible. I was relegated to watching the updates on ESPN.com.

I once listened to a USF basketball game (while on a work trip) from my hotel phone in the mid-90s because that was the only way to get the game. It was a pay-per-listen thing that I think the athletic department put out there. It was an expensive phone call. 🤣 

My point is that you are so right about how good we really have it these days as Bulls fans compared to the "old" days. 🤘

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

A lot of people on this board spend way too much time on the past. Yes, it was nice but it’s gone. Time to look to the future and enjoy each season, each game, and each snap. It’s not too hard for me to do because when I attended USF the campus was atrocious and there was no sign of football. Thus, I am grateful for what we have. Do I want more? Absolutely! More wins! A championship! A New Year’s Day game! Etc. 

Enjoying the upcoming season and remembering the past aren't mutually exclusive. I have never wavered in my support for the Bulls, but the fact of the matter remains, the stakes are not the same as they were when we were in the Big East. It does feel like we were relegated back to the second tier of football. Even if the Big East was the bottom rung of the Tier 1 ladder, we were there. We had a taste of the good life. We flew first class for a few years and now we are flying coach. I still love the journey, but the flight there isn't as nice and the potential destinations aren't equal. I scoffed at the SEC Network commercials with the southern chick saying "In the SEC, it just means more," but the fact of the matter is that it does. When we were in the Big East, it just meant more. That isn't to say we can't enjoy what we have now, but we don't have to forget what we once had. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

When football first started, our version of the highlight reel was seeing our score from the game scroll across the bottom of the screen. We have come far and I certainly won’t forget it. 

• Upvote 1