• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, puc86 said:

We went all gimmick all of the time to try to force the relevancy that was obviously lost. We named our conference what would appear to be something to be confused with ACC and to fall at the top of alphabetical rankings and started labeling ourselves P6 even though we lacked any of the money, prestige, television or access of the P5 programs. The end result is everyone just put the ACC at the top of the alphabetic rankings and everyone dismissed us as irrelevant hangers on. It is no wonder UCF went with a delusional game plan of self professed national championships because its a cornerstone of the conference. The Big East was a name with at least some brand equity and when the basketball teams wanted to split we should have said no problem go start whatever conference you would like. When they replied but we want the name we should have said no problem see you in court. We thought we could do some cute reinvent, force ourselves in places we did not belong and grab some cash for the deal, we were woefully wrong.  

While we went to court, we could have litigated for collusion as well.

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

We have been primed for bigger crowds at Ray Jay  but the program can't seem to get over the hump the last 3 or so years.

Losing at home vs FSU with Tags...that one hurt.

Last years big losing streak also killed momentum we had gained.

The fringe fans are ready and we should welcome them, we could use the extra noise, money and it looks better on tv.   

The FSU loss was thematic. The big wins that would matter to the fans and program future continue to elude us. All our splashy OOC wins that we seem to regularly get haven't done much for getting a fan base. Especially when we start strong, then barely beat ECU, then lost to Tulane. Teams people don't want to come out to see anyways, but when you can't dominate them with an exciting product I don't blame people for staying home.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

26 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The FSU loss was thematic. The big wins that would matter to the fans and program future continue to elude us. All our splashy OOC wins that we seem to regularly get haven't done much for getting a fan base. Especially when we start strong, then barely beat ECU, then lost to Tulane. Teams people don't want to come out to see anyways, but when you can't dominate them with an exciting product I don't blame people for staying home.

We haven't actually accomplished anything except beating a bunch of OOC teams over the years.  We've never won the conference... playing for a championship means something at some point.  We're stuck in the mud until we can win a conference championship... we haven't even played for one actually. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Our problem has been and continues to be lack of quality depth at all positions.  Enough depth to take us through a season with injuries and still prevail.  See last seasons defensive collapse. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

Our problem has been and continues to be lack of quality depth at all positions.  Enough depth to take us through a season with injuries and still prevail.  See last seasons defensive collapse. 

Spot on it was always about depth but you have to throw in some stupid in game coaching decisions too.

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

We haven't actually accomplished anything except beating a bunch of OOC teams over the years.  We've never won the conference... playing for a championship means something at some point.  We're stuck in the mud until we can win a conference championship... we haven't even played for one actually. 

Yes. This year I don't care about Wisconsin or GT. We need that conference championship. We really need both, but we can't say we belong elsewhere until we are regularly dominating this conference. Which we've never done.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Yes. This year I don't care about Wisconsin or GT. We need that conference championship. We really need both, but we can't say we belong elsewhere until we are regularly dominating this conference. Which we've never done.

Maybe the coaches should use this as a training game.  Focus on the areas that this team does that is similar to what we will face in conference teams. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Does every thread have to break down to this discussion?  Can't we talk about an OCS?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

To answer the OP: As long as there is TBP there will always be at least 50 to 70 of us diehards cheering on the Bulls. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To answer the OP: As long as there is TBP there will always be at least 50 to 70 of us diehards cheering on the Bulls. 

Good on you to remember what the original post was about.  I had to go back to look.