• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Want to bet on what percentage of people would remember or value each of those things over the other? A NY6 win is the only thing that would jump it, so while an AAC championship is a stepping stone towards surpassing that achievement by itself it holds little to know value. Every week the market shows us how much AAC games are valued, it will not magically become the most important thing in the world because you put some trophy on it.

(1)Want to bet on what percentage of people would remember or value each of those things over the other? What number are you basing the question on? BULLS fans? World population? 

(2)A NY6 win is the only thing that would jump it, so while an AAC championship is a stepping stone towards surpassing that achievement by itself it holds little to know value. To whom are you referring? A BULLS ? Nobody else matters. 

(3)Every week the market shows us how much AAC games are valued, it will not magically become the most important thing in the world because you put some trophy on it. I would venture to say that none of this ranks anywhere close to "the most important thing in the world"😎

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, BDYZR said:

(1)Want to bet on what percentage of people would remember or value each of those things over the other? What number are you basing the question on? BULLS fans? World population? 

(2)A NY6 win is the only thing that would jump it, so while an AAC championship is a stepping stone towards surpassing that achievement by itself it holds little to know value. To whom are you referring? A BULLS ? Nobody else matters. 

(3)Every week the market shows us how much AAC games are valued, it will not magically become the most important thing in the world because you put some trophy on it. I would venture to say that none of this ranks anywhere close to "the most important thing in the world"😎

I assume you think the number will be higher for Bulls fans so let’s go with that one. The road to number 2 was magical and had so many special moments, the passion was tangible, you could feel the tide of perception changing everywhere you went. If we lose to Wisconsin, BYU, and Georgia Tech, besides the championship game what else will be a magical moment? How many do you think will be a buzz about it and how many people do you think will honestly be there? I’m going to guess it will be south of 65k.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I assume you think the number will be higher for Bulls fans so let’s go with that one. The road to number 2 was magical and had so many special moments, the passion was tangible, you could feel the tide of perception changing everywhere you went. If we lose to Wisconsin, BYU, and Georgia Tech, besides the championship game what else will be a magical moment? How many do you think will be a buzz about it and how many people do you think will honestly be there? I’m going to guess it will be south of 65k.

Why would you attempt to load the question with losing those 3 games? Your reference to #2 , interestingly, over a then ranked #17 Auburn, followed by wins over UNC and #5 WVU. Undefeated at the point of conversation. If we were to make it into the CCG I would guess 64,999, so you win!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Want to bet on what percentage of people would remember or value each of those things over the other? A NY6 win is the only thing that would jump it, so while an AAC championship is a stepping stone towards surpassing that achievement by itself it holds little to know value. Every week the market shows us how much AAC games are valued, it will not magically become the most important thing in the world because you put some trophy on it.

But it was meaningless in the big picture of things...indeed, you can almost say, based on what happened, it is sad....

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But it was meaningless in the big picture of things...indeed, you can almost say, based on what happened, it is sad....

Not just sad, but it may have done more harm than good in turns of building a fan base. I say that somewhat flippantly. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think we all are on this side but that isn't fun to debate so the fight has to be which if held in a vacuum and you cant have both is more valuable, winning the games people care about or losing all of those games and winning all of the games no one cares about but you get a paper weight that has magic powers to make people care about games they have shown for 6 years they care nothing about? Hopefully we just go with your plan, win them all and then just don't have to worry about the harsh realities that come with a 9-3 AAC championship. 

I would argue that neither mean much without the other. Winning a couple splashy OOC conference games isnt much if they can say "well they can't even win their own conference so it was a fluke." Also Winning the AAC doesn't mean much if they can say "Well their conference isn't made of much plus they showed they cannot win against P5 schools." Truth is we need both. The OOC wins would put people in the seats for a game but if the next game is a loss to SC State those gains are short lived. Winning all of the conference games will build over the season and get people in the seats as the season goes along but it all goes bust when the conversation turns to "Who did they really beat anyway." and we end up at the Oil Pan Bowl game. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Not just sad, but it may have done more harm than good in turns of building a fan base. I say that somewhat flippantly. 

Completely agree...too much too soon and everyone used this as an unrealistic benchmark. 

53 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Why would you attempt to load the question with losing those 3 games? Your reference to #2 , interestingly, over a then ranked #17 Auburn, followed by wins over UNC and #5 WVU. Undefeated at the point of conversation. If we were to make it into the CCG I would guess 64,999, so you win!

Because people on the other side of the argument always say OOC games don’t matter and they don’t care if we lose them all they only want the “hardware” even if it means being 9-3 and going to one of the typical conference slate bowl games. I didn’t frame the argument they did and it’s absurd. The important take away from this post is that I win, at least that’s the part I focused on.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Because people on the other side of the argument always say OOC games don’t matter and they don’t care if we lose them all they only want the “hardware” even if it means being 9-3 and going to one of the typical conference slate bowl games. I didn’t frame the argument they did and it’s absurd. The important take away from this post is that I win, at least that’s the part I focused on.

And the absolute ONLY reason I put it there.

GO BULLS!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I would argue that neither mean much without the other. Winning a couple splashy OOC conference games isnt much if they can say "well they can't even win their own conference so it was a fluke." Also Winning the AAC doesn't mean much if they can say "Well their conference isn't made of much plus they showed they cannot win against P5 schools." Truth is we need both. The OOC wins would put people in the seats for a game but if the next game is a loss to SC State those gains are short lived. Winning all of the conference games will build over the season and get people in the seats as the season goes along but it all goes bust when the conversation turns to "Who did they really beat anyway." and we end up at the Oil Pan Bowl game. 

I agree that ultimately winning them all is the only true good. This argument has only blossomed from fans like @NewEnglandBull who in their thirstiness for “hardware” have made outlandish claims that ignore that if we don’t win both the OOC games and the conference games the conference championship will be for not. I only give the nod to the OOC games because they are a good in and of themselves and the Conference Championship is only valuable if you get to then take on a P5 team in an NY6 game and they only give the “hardware” a nod because it’s novel and hasn’t happened before. If they got their wish and they could trade the OOC games for the championship they would see they both lead to Birmingham Alabama or Boca Raton.

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And the absolute ONLY reason I put it there.

GO BULLS!

It was much appreciated, I may even make a trophy.