• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Ok. So I didn't realize we played Alabama while in C-USA. I get you have to see where you have been to see where you are going. However the purpose of this thread was to get those who only focus on the past to look forward. To be happy for what we have currently and look to the future. Sure we all miss CJL. Sure we lost out on the conference scramble but neither CJL or the Big East are coming back. You can move forward if you are always looking behind you. 

Can we please let the healing begin and have a fun season? HAHA 

Image result for healing meme

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

That will turn heads much more than the likes of UCF announcing their "championship." 

A lot of Bulls fans are missing the bigger picture with UCF. They are building a tradition and history. They are building something sustainable. I loathe them. I loathe their fans. Their fake National Championship is a joke to everyone else in the college football world. But that doesn't matter. It is real to them. It resonates with them. It draws in season ticket holders. It garners multi-million dollar donations from a lone person. It fills their student section. It gives them something to talk about and reminisce about, even in down years. It creates fans for life that will never forget the passion and electricity that they felt in those back-to-back NY6 appearances.

We have 2007. We have some splashy OOC wins. Those are what I hold on to as a fan. We had very good 2016 and 2017 seasons from an overall record standpoint. What do you remember most about those seasons? What is the memory from an impressive 21-4 run that you will take with you to the grave? The win over Navy in 2016? The bowl win over South Carolina? The 2017 bowl win over Texas Tech? The loss to UCF? Seriously, the most memorable game from a 21-4 run is a loss to our biggest rivals in our biggest moment. We don't have hardware. We don't have bragging rights. We need to get that. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

Ok. So I didn't realize we played Alabama while in C-USA. I get you have to see where you have been to see where you are going. However the purpose of this thread was to get those who only focus on the past to look forward. To be happy for what we have currently and look to the future. Sure we all miss CJL. Sure we lost out on the conference scramble but neither CJL or the Big East are coming back. You can move forward if you are always looking behind you. 

Can we please let the healing begin and have a fun season? HAHA 

Image result for healing meme

I am extremely excited for the upcoming season. I can't pry myself away from this message board in anticipation. However, I find it my duty to prevent revisionists from altering or diminishing our past. I can look forward while remembering what I had. It is the memories of how great things used to be/feel that keep me a fanatic. It is having that taste of success at the highest levels of college football, no matter how brief and fleeting it was, and yearning for that sweet, sweet nectar once more. That is why the games against Wisconsin, Alabama, Florida, etc. still matter. Drinking the blue blood of our slain opponents from the golden chalice of college football upsets is about as close as we will get to the excitement of the Big East days. I can live with that. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I am extremely excited for the upcoming season. I can't pry myself away from this message board in anticipation. However, I find it my duty to prevent revisionists from altering or diminishing our past. I can look forward while remembering what I have. It is the memories of how great things used to be/feel that keep me a fanatic. It is having that taste of success at the highest levels of college football, no matter how brief and fleeting it was, and yearning for that sweet, sweet nectar once more. That is why the games against Wisconsin, Alabama, Florida, etc. still matter. Drinking the blue blood of our slain opponents from the golden chalice of college football upsets is about as close as we will get to the excitement of the Big East days. I can live with that. 

Image result for he's right you know

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I am extremely excited for the upcoming season. I can't pry myself away from this message board in anticipation. However, I find it my duty to prevent revisionists from altering or diminishing our past. I can look forward while remembering what I have. It is the memories of how great things used to be/feel that keep me a fanatic. It is having that taste of success at the highest levels of college football, no matter how brief and fleeting it was, and yearning for that sweet, sweet nectar once more. That is why the games against Wisconsin, Alabama, Florida, etc. still matter. Drinking the blue blood of our slain opponents from the golden chalice of college football upsets is about as close as we will get to the excitement of the Big East days. I can live with that. 

Ok you have convinced me. Those days were as wonderful as I remembered. Let us hope we see better days like that again. Now that we are getting bigger better OOC teams scheduled in the future I am hopeful. I also cannot pull myself away from the board. We are definitely getting excited. We have our tailgate trailer all rigged up again. This time with a better TV! 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

Dont forget buy every news paper possible 

✅ Indeed

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jesus Puc just watch the game and shut the **** up already...😀

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus Puc just watch the game and shut the **** up already...😀

But there isn’t any game to watch, hopefully we just open up the season beating the breaks off of Wisconsin and everyone can be blessed with happy Puc for the entire season (which happens to be much more quiet than doom and gloom puc).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

not one person has ever discussed who won it, would know who has or has not won it in a given year and I do not think outside of a few people on the internet anyone knows or is concerned about our conference championship wins.

Like this tweet on the PFF Preseason look at the AAC?

image.png

https://twitter.com/PFF_Cam/status/1162469077350146048?s=20

• Haha 1