• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I think our administration and their Mike Bianchi convinced us and promised us we'd be a package deal and that was the only way any of us would make it.

We're as good as in.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think our administration and their Mike Bianchi convinced us and promised us we'd be a package deal and that was the only way any of us would make it.

We're as good as in.

All we have to do is everything we can to help get them in first and then they will go open up the back door for us, it’s the only reasonable path towards inclusion.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

We're as good as in.

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

All we have to do is everything we can to help get them in first and then they will go open up the back door for us, it’s the only reasonable path towards inclusion.

This seemed so crazy back then, that providing our alleged rival-to-be a generous hand up would benefit them so much it might very well save our program.  That was some visonary thinking.  We should get a new logo to go with it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I will run my parallel universe however I see fit, if you don’t like my constructs feel free to create your own reality but I have to warn you that I’m not certain anyone actually exists outside of my reality.

Actually your parallel universe and reality is not too bad. As long as I don’t stay there too long I’ll be ok but one must be careful...it’s kind of like  radiation...😂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Days Won:  25

On 5/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, bullsmeanbusiness said:

They exchanged us for UTSA....

Texas is playing Florida in 2030 & 2031, wouldn't have effected our games.

They are scared that if they lose to the coach they fired at a traditional worse football school then their fans will riot .

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

23 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Be happy that toxic, liberal mess of a fan base in Austin isn't coming to Tampa. We can't build a wall fast enough around Austin. It's California East and they're slowly ruining the great state of Texas.  

Well, it might be neat to see snowflakes in Tampa that early in the season! 

Actually this Texas thing is aggravating.  I am of the school of thought that big name wins will advance a school's reputation better than an American Conference title.  We lose two shots to try.  Well, at least we have one still on the books.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Isn't that the definition of opinion?

No, that's just a wild-ass guess.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

So we're a G5 because of Judy and Woolard .............. smh.

23 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Notice, I ended that with IMO.  Reading is your friend.

Notice, smh is my reaction to your opinion. That's how these message board thingys work ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

15 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Same old conversation.  c. florida has done just about everything right and the timing, which is really out of their control, has been perfect.  They look like a program that is a number one pick for P5 conference looking to expand.  I used to think it was just about winning, but that is over simplistic.  It is about winning the right games, not the P5 games, but the CC games that lead to the access bowl games, that is what gets attention.  No one really cares that G5 programs occasionally beat P5 programs, it happens every year

They have had a combination of good coaching hires that have utilized their talent to maximum efficiency.  They sell out their stadium (yes the OCS is a big deal, always has been, always will be), fan support is off the charts, the city supports them, College Gameday going there was a gut punch.  CCS was right, they are the blueprint.  We can learn from them and hopefully do it better.

Except no G5 has taken that path to a P5 yet so it's not like a precedent has been set .... closest G5 to that description before now would be the still G5 Boise State.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Except no G5 has taken that path to a P5 yet so it's not like a precedent has been set .... closest G5 to that description before now would be the still G5 Boise State.

Except now the college football landscape is entirely different than when Boise State was everyone's favorite underdog.