• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

We are getting closer to that IPF every day. Keep on the cancellations baby.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

I believe you'll see more of these in the future. Anyone who still believes partnering with ESPN is in our best interest has their eyes closed and are wearing rose colored glasses.

You'll see more cancelations in the near future as ESPN and the P5 don't want US or any G5 team to have a schedule that could sniff the Playoffs just in case by some miracle we/they run the table. Mark my words, this is yet another step in the already surmounting exclusionary tactics pushed by ESPN. I fully expect Miami to utilize the cancelation/buy-out clause in this contract if our offense is as good as we hope it is. We will be hard pressed to get even one P5 on our schedule per year soon.  {Yeah I wrote it!}

How good do we think our offense will be in 2025? I haven't been following middle school football, so I am not sure who we are currently trying to recruit for those games. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Anyone who still believes partnering with ESPN is in our best interest has their eyes closed and are wearing rose colored glasses.

You'll see more cancelations in the near future as ESPN and the P5 don't want US or any G5 team to have a schedule that could sniff the Playoffs just in case by some miracle we/they run the table. 

How does partnering with the biggest sports media company, who owns the broadcast rights to the playoffs until 2025, hurt our chances of being selected for the playoffs??

This conspiracy only makes sense if ESPN didn't own the rights to the AAC, and didn't want another conference getting too much exposure that it would then have to buy.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

How does partnering with the biggest sports media company, who owns the broadcast rights to the playoffs until 2025, hurt our chances of being selected for the playoffs??

This conspiracy only makes sense if ESPN didn't own the rights to the AAC, and didn't want another conference getting too much exposure that it would then have to buy.

When you're buying a side dish at a restraint, do you want to pay the price of a main course or the price of a side dish? I'm sure you already know the answer to that question.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

How good do we think our offense will be in 2025? I haven't been following middle school football, so I am not sure who we are currently trying to recruit for those games. 

Shush, it's the off season and I haven't found a use for this shiny aluminum foil hat thingy yet.

Guest Jonesy Bull
54 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Shush, it's the off season and I haven't found a use for this shiny aluminum foil hat thingy yet.

Keep it case there is an Alien invasion.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

49 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

When you're buying a side dish at a restraint, do you want to pay the price of a main course or the price of a side dish? I'm sure you already know the answer to that question.

You may as well have replied 'If the glove don't fit you must acquit' because neither makes sense as an analogy here...

ESPN already paid for AAC media rights and college football playoffs for years in advance.  So nobody has to buy anything. 

I'll ask again.  How does being a partner with the company that owns the broadcast rights to the playoffs, negatively impact our chances to make said playoffs?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

When we as an Athletic Association make more money from USF Fans, then we can call some shots.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

paid make it rain GIF

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  682
  • Days Won:  2

Most interesting thing about the article below, is that USF has 9 (out of 14) games scheduled against P5 opponents in the next 10 years, who finished in the top 35 of last season's S&P ratings. This is compared to Mickey Mouse Community College who only has 1 such game. Is it because Mickey Mouse scared the P5 teams and now they refuse to play them, or is it because Mickey Mouse's AD sucks at scheduling?

So how good is USF’s non-conference slate? As good as any in AAC

USF has 14 non-conference games against Power Five foes in the next decade
OCTAVIO JONES   |   Times USF quarterback Blake Barnett (11) runs against Georgia Tech linebacker Victor Alexander (9) during the first half of the game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida on Saturday, September 8, 2018.

OCTAVIO JONES | Times USF quarterback Blake Barnett (11) runs against Georgia Tech linebacker Victor Alexander (9) during the first half of the game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida on Saturday, September 8, 2018.

Published 1 hour ago
TAMPA ― At this moment, USF's foreseeable non-conference schedule looks appealing, sturdy, perhaps even rugged.

Not to mention as stout as any in the American Athletic Conference over the next decade.

Upon learning Tuesday that Bulls athletic director Michael Kelly had brokered a three-game series with Miami (the latest in a handful of two-for-one deals with Power Five programs), we nibbled at a few non-conference numbers to see just where USF stacks up in its league.

Related: USF agrees to 2-for-1 football series with Miami

Currently, it has 14 non-conference games scheduled against Power Five opposition over the next 10 seasons. Only Temple and Tulane ― with 17 each ― have more, according to fbschedules.com.

But that’s only skimming the surface. Just how strong is the collective Power Five opposition these teams are scheduling?

Since we obviously can’t predict the future, we can only go by present metrics. Based on those, the Bulls’ non-league slate remains among the AAC’s best.

Over the next 10 seasons, USF will have nine non-conference games against teams ranked in the top 35 of last season’s S&P+ ratings. They include three games each against Florida (No. 9) and UM (No. 27).

Only East Carolina, with 13 games against top-35 S&P+ teams; and Tulsa (12) have more. Skewering the numbers in the Pirates’ favor are four games over the next eight years against Appalachian State (No. 29). Tulsa, meantime, plays Oklahoma State (No. 22) eight times over the next decade.

As for UCF? It currently has one non-AAC game ― this season against Stanford (No. 26) ― slated against a top-35 S&P+ team over the next decade.

But as this story indicates, the Knights’ desire to annually schedule seven home games precludes them from agreeing to the two-for-one deals (two road trips in return for one home game) that have become popular among some of their peers (including USF).

Contact Joey Knight at jknight@tampabay.com. Follow @TBTimes_Bulls.

Joey Knight - USF and Colleges Reporter
JOEY KNIGHT
USF and Colleges Reporter

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2019/05/15/so-how-good-is-usfs-non-conference-slate-as-good-as-any-in-aac/