• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st week of spring practice

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,744
  • Content Count:  37,610
  • Days Won:  29

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Do we have the same S&C coach?  I don't remember him leaving.

Same, but many changes have been made.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

This is Charlie make it or break it year. If he gets us to a bowl game he will be back next year. If he doesn’t he could be out. I could see him coming back with a 5-7 year provided he beats ucf.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,347
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

This is Charlie make it or break it year. If he gets us to a bowl game he will be back next year. If he doesn’t he could be out. I could see him coming back with a 5-7 year provided he beats ucf.

Needs to win that bowl too. Pissed at last years 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

45 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Hard to see him getting another year with a 5-7 record whether he beats UCF or not. 'Course, Holtz was once rewarded a three year extension for going 5-7...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The team will be better this season.  A lot better.  This spring is nothing like last spring.  We went into last spring not knowing who our starting QB, RB, C, etc...  The articles posted from previous seasons says as much.  Neither guy going into spring ended up being the starter.  This season we have a solid starter, we know who our playmakers will be, we've added talent, we've added size, and we've added speed.  Accompany that with an OC that knows what he's doing and we'll be a contender.  Pickney and Kegler have gotten better every season they're now not pups playing against grown men anymore.  Each close to 300 and growing.  This is around the time Hector and Senat put it all together.  We've added some dawgs and got rid of some bad attitudes.  I think this is a pretty good squad, I'll see for myself next week.  Going to the open practice... But I like this squad better than last seasons.  We've been undersized on defense too long, that actually changes this year.  

I think the defense makes a big jump and resembles the defense two years ago. 

I think the offense breaks school records

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hard to see him getting another year with a 5-7 record whether he beats UCF or not. 'Course, Holtz was once rewarded a three year extension for going 5-7...

It is definitely hard to see him coming back if there is a losing record since he was not Michael Kelly's hire.

2 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Definitely a make or break year.  The program has gone downhill since he was hired.  If that trend continues Kelly will want to bring in his own guy.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

15 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

It is definitely hard to see him coming back if there is a losing record since he was not Michael Kelly's hire.

Definitely a make or break year.  The program has gone downhill since he was hired.  If that trend continues Kelly will want to bring in his own guy.

Agreed. I would think that Kelly would look to go in another direction if we go 5-7 this year, unless of course....we have no $$$ and couldn't afford to fire him. If we are financially as bad off as some in here say, he could go 0-12 and keep his gig. Hopefully the new additions on the staff, and the supposed bigger/stronger/faster roster will help turn things around.

For those who are certain that we will win the conference, have 10 wins, etc..I wonder if you will concede that Charlie & staff are sub-par if he were to post, say, a 6-6 record this year. I'm not knocking anyone for having high expectations....I can see why someone might think we will turn it around this year...but for those of you expecting a great season, just curious what your minimum expectations are. Would you see 7-5 as unacceptable?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I think if we don't win at least 7 games this year but our offense performs, CCS will be gone and KB will be hired as the new HC. Heard it here first.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, TheAccountant said:

I think if we don't win at least 7 games this year but our offense performs, CCS will be gone and KB will be hired as the new HC. Heard it here first.

For Bell to be hired he had better put up penball scores in game. I think we could do worse but I also think we could do a hell of a lot better. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For Bell to be hired he had better put up penball scores in game. I think we could do worse but I also think we could do a hell of a lot better. 

He has no D1 head coaching experience, I will give you that. But if he can take an offense as dismal and boring as ours was last year and turn it around into a productive scoring offense, I would want to keep him around. Chances are a new HC would want to bring their own guy in. If KB performs well, he will either need to become out HC or he will get swept away to another D1 HC position very quickly.