• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st week of spring practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

We need a little more time to rebuild; next season is our time 

Edited by BullTime

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Hopefully Charlie has the team prepared to play on a week-to-week basis. That would be an improvement over last season 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Its not 2 late 2 put your green and gold goggles. I see 10 wins. This team noe is night and day from last year. The team passes the eye test now which was a complaint last year. Blake Barnet gained 15 Ibs, Kirk Livingstone is up to 273. Mike Hampton gained up to 185. Im sure they will have the official list posted one of these days. Anyways, here's a few links. 

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2019/03/23/usf-spring-football-takeaways-from-day-4/

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2019/3/23/football-jean-mary-sees-a-difference-in-more-seasoned-usf-defense.aspx

Compare those two articles to these two, which were from about the same time last year...

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2018/4/14/football-offense-tops-defense-in-thrilling-usf-spring-game.aspx

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/04/14/takeaways-from-the-usf-football-spring-game/

The reporting really sounds about the same every year in the Spring.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Spring reports are about as valuable information as recruiting stars.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Spring reports are about as valuable information as recruiting stars.  

….or less so. This is from 2012, the Spring before Holtz' 3-9 debacle

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2012/4/11/205412006.aspx?path=football

I'm not knocking the coach for trying to sound optimistic, and speaking highly of the team, but hopefully people's 10-win predictions weren't influenced by these Spring Reports. Hopefully the Author of the original post in this thread was at the practice seeing with his own eyes reasons for being optimistic, rather than his excitement coming from these reports.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm not knocking the coach for trying to sound optimistic, and speaking highly of the team, but hopefully people's 10-win predictions weren't influenced by these Spring Reports. Hopefully the Author of the original post in this thread was at the practice seeing with his own eyes reasons for being optimistic, rather than his excitement coming from these reports.

Something tells me he wasn't at the practice

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

No my prediction is actually based on watching film on ALL of our current players and incoming recruits. I also researched the new coaches coming in. Hell we even have some pretty awesome walk ons joining this year. No need 2 debate, we shall simply see who is right and who is wrong when the season starts. All I know is many shsll eat crow this year. 

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

No my prediction is actually based on watching film on ALL of our current players and incoming recruits. I also researched the new coaches coming in. Hell we even have some pretty awesome walk ons joining this year. No need 2 debate, we shall simply see who is right and who is wrong when the season starts. All I know is many shsll eat crow this year. 

Fair enough. I find it hard to be optimistic after what I saw in 2018, but I'm still somewhat open-minded, mainly because of Bell. It's possible he was the missing piece to turn things around. As you said, we'll see when the season starts.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Fair enough. I find it hard to be optimistic after what I saw in 2018, but I'm still somewhat open-minded, mainly because of Bell. It's possible he was the missing piece to turn things around. As you said, we'll see when the season starts.

Im writing off last year on conditioning,  youth, lack of experience and a crappy OC. Reports are that the conditioning has been addressed, we have plenty of young players with experience and 4 new coaches. I promise, its a total new team this year. The spring game shall make you feel more optimistic. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

All the Spring game tells you is if your offense sucks or your defense sucks.