• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st week of spring practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

No offense, but I don't believe you. You're 0 for 2 in my book with the BB QB hype last year and the basketball team closing strong this year. That said, I really hope you're right this time.

Basketball team is closing strong this year... they're playing a second round game in a post season tournament having won 20 games.  I actually predicted they'd win 17 games and you'll thought that was crazy.  So if you want to tell part of a story, tell the entire story.  And doesn't matter what you think, Blake Barnett is really good.  Picked up a crappy offense and basically won the first 7 games for us.  He got hurt and didn't play a couple of games but that's because of the OC.  Dont get it confused, he balled.  Funny, he tossed for 300 plus... 400 plus... and the 5th most passing yards in school history with and incompetent OC having not been here in the spring.  So yeah... child please.... nobody gives a Fuuuug about what you think. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I am hoping to get at least two more Db's and 1 or two more Lb's.  Every time I look at the projected starters of Sanders and Roberts I have night mares . Those two could tackle a fat lady in a phone booth. That also includes the linebackers. 

We have 2 pretty good highly rated 3 star recruits who had grade issues that should be the last additions to our class. Their names is EJ Jackson and Dequan Watts. Also UNC DB KJ Sails just entered the transfer portal. Taggart tried to recruit him back in the day, but he is somebody we may look at. We are good at DB. I also think Roberts and Sanders will do better this year with the extra competition pushing them from the other incoming DBs. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Basketball team is closing strong this year... they're playing a second round game in a post season tournament having won 20 games.  I actually predicted they'd win 17 games and you'll thought that was crazy.  So if you want to tell part of a story, tell the entire story.  And doesn't matter what you think, Blake Barnett is really good.  Picked up a crappy offense and basically won the first 7 games for us.  He got hurt and didn't play a couple of games but that's because of the OC.  Dont get it confused, he balled.  Funny, he tossed for 300 plus... 400 plus... and the 5th most passing yards in school history with and incompetent OC having not been here in the spring.  So yeah... child please.... nobody gives a Fuuuug about what you think. 

I'm not going to say anything else about how great this team will be. I'm just going to let all of the doubters eat crow. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm not going to say anything else about how great this team will be. I'm just going to let all of the doubters eat crow. 

Trust me, I will be the first in line with my plate.  Until then, 7-5 in the regular season.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Don't down play it, you need to own it. You were calling for an absurd number of wins in the last stretch of the regular season AND a run in the conference tourney, and Blake was going to shatter every school passing record. So pardon my skepticism of what I believe is your misplaced optimism, but please, don't let me stop you from dreaming.

• Haha 1
  • ???? 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think everybody on this board would love to eat some BBQ Crow if your prediction is true and this team is great.

Personally I'm optimistic with what is being reported.  And thats a hell of alot better than the opposite.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we go 7-5 and win two or three from GT, Wisky, BYU, Memphis, or ucf it would be a good year and and more than likely be a better team than last year. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have 2 pretty good highly rated 3 star recruits who had grade issues that should be the last additions to our class. Their names is EJ Jackson and Dequan Watts. Also UNC DB KJ Sails just entered the transfer portal. Taggart tried to recruit him back in the day, but he is somebody we may look at. We are good at DB. I also think Roberts and Sanders will do better this year with the extra competition pushing them from the other incoming DBs. 

I think we are better suited to get some players that have played powe 5 or extensive experience in college. Roberts and Sanders need to compete with experienced players or players who have competed at a higher level against better competition. We are not good at Db. Hampton and Lapointe may be fine, Burnette will probably step in and start. Was so tired of looking at the db's get crossed up in open field tackling...it seems that they routinely zeroed in on the oncoming blockers instead of tackling the ball.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If we go 7-5 and win two out of GT, Wisky, Memphis, or ucf it would be a great year and a vast improvement from last year. 

How about we go 12 and 2 with the 2 losses to GT and Wisky

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

How about we go 12 and 2 with the 2 losses to GT and Wisky

That’s good too...😀 just trying to be a tad realistic though.