• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st week of spring practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

I think we are better suited to get some players that have played powe 5 or extensive experience in college. Roberts and Sanders need to compete with experienced players or players who have competed at a higher level against better competition. We are not good at Db. Hampton and Lapointe may be fine, Burnette will probably step in and start. Was so tired of looking at the db's get crossed up in open field tackling...it seems that they routinely zeroed in on the oncoming blockers instead of tackling the ball.

Quite a few of those kids getting crossed up were very young guys who unfortunately got stuck with a dog of a coach on Blue Adams and a very young coach in Restivo.   I had heard things about Adam's coaching ability (or lack there of) before he got here but wanted to give him a chance. From what I saw and heard from people while he was here he was exactly as described....  He was also in on the mini mutiny that we had by some of the staff...   I would see how those kids actually fair with a good coach before you write them off.   Ellis is a very well regarded coach from everything I've read and heard....   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Don't down play it, you need to own it. You were calling for an absurd number of wins in the last stretch of the regular season AND a run in the conference tourney, and Blake was going to shatter every school passing record. So pardon my skepticism of what I believe is your misplaced optimism, but please, don't let me stop you from dreaming.

He is going to... he's a senior this year. I still stand by it.  You say it like the guy has graduated... I stand by the ending of my last response to you.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

38 minutes ago, Calibull said:

He is going to... he's a senior this year. I still stand by it.  You say it like the guy has graduated... I stand by the ending of my last response to you.  

And I stil hope you're right.🍻

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

BB showed flashes of being very good. He did show great touch when given time, we just had a crap line, and an OC who failed to get the best out of him. I could see why Cali predicted big things, it just wasn't going to happen with Gilbert. Hopefully Bell helps him fulfill his potential.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Quite a few of those kids getting crossed up were very young guys who unfortunately got stuck with a dog of a coach on Blue Adams and a very young coach in Restivo.   I had heard things about Adam's coaching ability (or lack there of) before he got here but wanted to give him a chance. From what I saw and heard from people while he was here he was exactly as described....  He was also in on the mini mutiny that we had by some of the staff...   I would see how those kids actually fair with a good coach before you write them off.   Ellis is a very well regarded coach from everything I've read and heard....   

I think we gotta steal with Ellis. He came out the gates recruiting, and like you said he has a lot of good stuff said about him. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm not writing them off. I believe in development, I just prefer some instant impact players this year. We have all inexperienced players in that secondary. Hampton showed some flashes. 

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

I got you on this one.  You can trust me... really good inside information right now.  Kid is about to sling it.  If I'm wrong on this one, I'll donate 100 to your favorite charity. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, Calibull said:

I got you on this one.  You can trust me... really good inside information right now.  Kid is about to sling it.  If I'm wrong on this one, I'll donate 100 to your favorite charity. 

We already have that bet.  $50 to mine if you are wrong and $100 to yours if you are right.  It is marked on my calendar.

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We already have that bet.  $50 to mine if you are wrong and $100 to yours if you are right.  It is marked on my calendar.

I know... It's in mine too.  I'm supremely confident this season.  Not just fan boy selling a bag of goods.  

that's actually where I came up with the idea from.

a way to bet and not actually benefit.. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I know... It's in mine too.  I'm supremely confident this season.  Not just fan boy selling a bag of goods.  

that's actually where I came up with the idea from.

a way to bet and not actually benefit.. 

Exactly. No losers.

• Upvote 1