• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holgorsen To Houston

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I did it for you, but had to move it to the AAC board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I did it for you, but had to move it to the AAC board

One day...I don’t know when...but there will be a day...I rain hell fire on you...it will be quick yet powerful...

Love,

NewEnglandBull 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

If we we are truly as cash strapped as some allege then it may be time to re-evaluate everything.  If this University is not committed to competing at the highest level of football then it may be time to drop back to FCS.  It kills me to see programs with less have more and yes an OCS is a big part of that.  Yes, I know IPF first.  And before some say how much do I contribute?  I spend over a thousand dollars for club access tickets not because I want to see the Bulls play, hell I can probably get free tickets for just about any game, I do it as a donation.  If the appetite for major college football is not there amongst the University, the students, the alumni and the local community then stop pretending and drop back to FCS.  Put about 20k seats at Corbett and call it a day.  At least then, we’ll have a shot at a national championship.

South Alabama has been in existence since 2009. They averaged 16K at home games this year, and that includes an unusually high 25K vs. in state rival Troy. They already have an OCS planned for 2020. I don't get how they can and we can't. We easily out-did them in attendance in 2018...and didn't we used to average around 40K at one time? Where is USA getting the money for this? Some in here will tell you that we're waiting to do it the right way, but will our situation be different 10 years from now without a P5 invite? The casual fan will never have a ton of interest in seeing us against Tulsa, Tulane, etc...Maybe after we win the AAC 10 consecutive times with eight different coaches, we can gain that local support and move forward on the OCS. Our athletics motto should be, "We Can't"

https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/publicrelations/pressreleases/111018stadium.html 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The inexperience of some of our fan base to the ways of college football fandom is glaring. The naivete is downright embarrassing at times ...

Actually what’s more embarrassing is the arrogance and condescending attitude you have towards a wide swath of our fan base.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The inexperience of some of our fan base to the ways of college football fandom is glaring. The naivete is downright embarrassing at times ...

28 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Actually what’s more embarrassing is the arrogance and condescending attitude you have towards a wide swath of our fan base.

Actually, I don't think it's that wide of a swath. I think most of our fan base understands that UCF winning is not good for us and would never pull for them.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

23 hours ago, puc86 said:

Because when they win we lose?

But then, when we win we win. Logic dictates that we cant hope they lose just so we can win. What's that make us?

Solution: we create a consistent winning program we don't need to worry about ucf except once a year. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Logic dictates that we cant hope they lose just so we can win. What's that make us?

A rival.

I feel "win" anytime they take the loss.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, BulledOver said:

But then, when we win we win. Logic dictates that we cant hope they lose just so we can win. What's that make us?

Solution: we create a consistent winning program we don't need to worry about ucf except once a year. 

It makes us smart. The only instance where it would benefit us for them to win would be if it somehow was a deciding factor in us becoming division champions but as we play them at the end of the season that is not a very likely idea. Everything is relative in life so you perceive and are perceived to be successful relative to how you stack up against those around you. That means we look better and feel better the more we win relative to those we are stacked against which means more wins makes us feel and look better as well as more losses for those we are being compared to also makes us feel and look better. What makes us look and feel the best? Going undefeated while they go defeated and we should always cheer for both at the same time and even if we only get one of them it's still better than the inverse. It would be like if your friend had a way better job than you there would be two ways to make your job better the first would be the conventional way of going out and getting a better job but the other less conventional but equally effective solution to improving your perception of your job relative to your friends is to get them fired from their job now making your bad job better than their no job, 

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Everything is relative in life...

dammit Puc!

not THIS again

😄