• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holgorsen To Houston

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

37 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

AAC schools are building and modifying. It would appear that many schools are trying to get past the stigma of being a G5( real or imagined). Cincy, great fun bowl game to watch. UCF, how can you not pull for them to win?

1592418401_facepalmted.jpg.1657c713b4e69c93e4bbe3f17a42ee69.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

52 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

UCF, how can you not pull for them to win?

Because when they win we lose?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some people just don’t get this

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I just accidentally turned it to their game and they scored right off of the bat , it didn’t feel good and it was pretty easy not to cheat for them. They are now completing their second full season of winning and I have yet to see any positives come our way from it. Maybe if they win for 5 seasons in a row things will finally come our way from it, either that or they will end up in the P5 without us and we can shudder the program. This is like the guy trying to live vicariously thru his friend that’s picking up everything that’s walking and not noticing that every opportunity he is taking is one less opportunity for them. Nothing would be better for USF than for UCF for to lose every single game from here to eternity. When they were 0-12 things couldn’t have been better in our world.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just accidentally turned it to their game and they scored right off of the bat , it didn’t feel good and it was pretty easy not to cheat for them. They are now completing their second full season of winning and I have yet to see any positives come our way from it. Maybe if they win for 5 seasons in a row things will finally come our way from it, either that or they will end up in the P5 without us and we can shudder the program. This is like the guy trying to live vicariously thru his friend that’s picking up everything that’s walking and not noticing that every opportunity he is taking is one less opportunity for them. Nothing would be better for USF than for UCF for to lose every single game from here to eternity. When they were 0-12 things couldn’t have been better in our world.

Could not have said it better

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Judy buckled on this.  You are one of the very few that understand the huge mistake this was.  

The USF fan base could be rotting from the inside out....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

33 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The inexperience of some of our fan base to the ways of college football fandom is glaring. The naivete is downright embarrassing at times ...

• Upvote 1

I'm watching my boy Kirk Ferentz 

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Publicly hanging his players out to dry? At what point does a player become accountable? I still remember 4th and 24 vs UH and our all world LB did not make a play.  He was in position and did not make play.  Who owns his ability to not make the play?  Wilcox’s fumble LY vs UCF.  Who owns it?  I bet if you ask Wilcox he would not hesitate and say he does. 

Nonchalant attitude towards losing?  How does one show disgust for losing or elation for winning? It’s an emotion and everyone shows it differently.  I for one hated CJLs sideline and post game antics while others loved it. 

Disregard for fans?  My interactions have all been very positive.  He’s quite and humble and doesn’t love the limelight.  He shows up at events, speaks to the press and is available during student events.

At least you acknowledge you know very little about what goes on “behind the scenes”.  I agree with you on that point.

Go Bulls!

1. u are making the false assumption that accountability has to be public. GOOD coaches can hold their players accountable without saying it at a press conference.

2. repeating "we were not prepared for the game" 5 losses in a row is pretty nonchalant. it requires a detachment from the reality that it is the COACH'S job to prepare his team. being unprepared 5 games in a row is a coach issue, or do the guys getting paid millions to be here bear no accountability according to the @Bausfkid the self-proclaimed accountability police.

3. being cordial to fans isn't the issue. publicly acknowledging his (wait for it...) ***accountability***, showing some enthusiasm-- or any kind of emotional investment-- for the program, ensuring the product on the field is worth the money students, ticket buyers, season ticket holders & donors put into the program rather than treating it as a stepping stone for the guys (like Gilbert) who were loyal to him doesn't cut it. or are u going to argue that Gilbert was a great coach & Burke the best possible replacement?

4. Feel free to share with us what inside info u have up there in Philly.

who are your sources? since u apparently have inside info, or at least like to give the impression of it on the internets, go ahead & share with us who u know in the locker room. it'll be interesting to hear what inside knowledge u have 👍🏽

GO BULLS (not the coaches, the PROGRAM)

• Upvote 1