• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

These kids are all individuals, not a bunch of Pitt Bulls you motivate with the doggie treats. If you need a coach to motivate you and can't motivate yourself, then i don't want you on my team. A true athlete will motivate himself to be the best. If not then we dont need him. 

go ahead and believe you don't need to motivate college players.......

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think some people are just taking issue with "The Rules". It is just a difference in philosophy and the stated goal of the amateur player athlete. 

Not a lot of Florida Programs have had a lot of success with "Rules". You could make a case that CCS and CSH have attempted to run "Cleaner" programs at USF versus CWT or CJL. There also seems to be a correlation there as to winning. 

UM won games by cheating and when they "Cleaned" up the program, they weren't as competitive wins/losses wise. 

While Meyer was at UF, he had 30 player arrests in 6 seasons. Ironic that CCS coached with him although he was retained from the previous UF regime. 

Jimbo Fischer at FSU never seemed to have a problem looking the other way when it meant success for his team. 

Not saying which is a better model, but if your focus is to run a mostly clean program with high graduation rates, you may need to come to grips with the fact that it will put you at a recruiting disadvantage. Army, Navy and AF certainly have faced those realities. 

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I think some people are just taking issue with "The Rules". It is just a difference in philosophy and the stated goal of the amateur player athlete. 

Not a lot of Florida Programs have had a lot of success with "Rules". You could make a case that CCS and CSH have attempted to run "Cleaner" programs at USF versus CWT or CJL. There also seems to be a correlation there as to winning. 

UM won games by cheating and when they "Cleaned" up the program, they weren't as competitive wins/losses wise. 

While Meyer was at UF, he had 30 player arrests in 6 seasons. Ironic that CCS coached with him although he was retained from the previous UF regime. 

Jimbo Fischer at FSU never seemed to have a problem looking the other way when it meant success for his team. 

Not saying which is a better model, but if your focus is to run a mostly clean program with high graduation rates, you may need to come to grips with the fact that it will put you at a recruiting disadvantage. Army, Navy and AF certainly have faced those realities. 

it will definitely put us at a disadvantage.

However, not every coach sees the benefits of a vigilant testing program, as former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said recently. "I know of a lot of schools, and I don't want to say something I shouldn't say -- but you don't have to drug-test," he says. "If you don't want your boys to be caught with drugs, don't drug-test them."

Indeed, The Magazine's survey of more than 60 schools competing in BCS conferences revealed myriad testing protocols and discipline standards for players testing positive for marijuana and other recreational drugs. One coach at an FBS school admits that when he was an assistant at a previous school, only half of the team's players were ever tested. "And they never tested the guys we knew were smoking," he says.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7819005/ncf-tcu-marijuana-problem-just-one-many-elite-college-programs-espn-magazine

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

1 of the Duke players was the 2nd leading DT in tackles even though he only played in 5 games.

the other started every game for Duke as a sophomore and was the 36th rated DE according to rivals

yeah I think top 35 TFL and 43 sacks is impressive . we had as many sacks as LSU and had more TFLs than Michigan

of course that doesn't backup your we couldn't put pressure narrative.

We also play in the AAC, not the SEC like LSU and our defense was ranked 104th. To be honest I dont remember any memorable sacks not made by Kegler. Price hasnt done squat since he has been here. Man I'm just going to say it, Price was hot garbage. Boyce was good, but wasn't stopping the run like Deadrin Senat was doing. Tackles for loss and sack statistics don't mean "schit" if you cant stop the run or teams on 3rd/4th down.  Lets face it, those Duke players just sucked. We lose 4 senior DE's this year as well...but they sucked to me as well. Trey Laing redshirted this year, but will be a stud next year. Leacock (weighlifting champ)  and Waller (If he gets moved back to DT) should make Boyce a distant memory. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

check this out. it's a forbes article. it actually ranks sports for the ability of poor teams to move up. a couple a quotes

This is why NFL teams can turn around quickly: a good few seasons of drafting can build a core of young talent that offers great ROI compared to free agents.

A league that offers some combination of providing as many good teams as possible and the ability for poor teams to move up and become good teams with relatively little hardship.

Using that, ranking the parity in America's major sports produces a list that looks something like this:

1. MLB
  2. NBA
  3. NFL
  4. College Basketball
  5. College Football

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/03/13/how-does-parity-compare-among-the-major-u-s-sports-nfl-nba-mlb-nhl-college-football-college-basketball/#42db486ecedd

LMAO...you coming with seven year old article? I guess you have missed the new rules for CFB which makes a turn around much easier...

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/698734002

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

36 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

check this out. it's a forbes article. it actually ranks sports for the ability of poor teams to move up. a couple a quotes

This is why NFL teams can turn around quickly: a good few seasons of drafting can build a core of young talent that offers great ROI compared to free agents.

A league that offers some combination of providing as many good teams as possible and the ability for poor teams to move up and become good teams with relatively little hardship.

Using that, ranking the parity in America's major sports produces a list that looks something like this:

1. MLB
  2. NBA
  3. NFL
  4. College Basketball
  5. College Football

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/03/13/how-does-parity-compare-among-the-major-u-s-sports-nfl-nba-mlb-nhl-college-football-college-basketball/#42db486ecedd

lol, this article is about parity.  Those rankings are in terms of parity.  Not only that, it's from 2012.  Still talking about the BCS.  Give it up.  You may be the worst poster on this board with this nonsense. I don't care for the job CCS has done at all, but your arguments are terrible, far more trash than CCS' coaching.  At least he could win a few games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

pretty interesting article huh

Yes, but mine was more relevant and applicable to today’s CFB world...

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

lol, this article is about parity.  Those rankings are in terms of parity.  Not only that, it's from 2012.  Still talking about the BCS.  Give it up.  You may be the worst poster on this board with this nonsense. I don't care for the job CCS has done at all, but your arguments are terrible, far more trash than CCS' coaching.  At least he could win a few games.

you did see where they defined parity right? the ability for poor teams to improve...

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it will definitely put us at a disadvantage.

However, not every coach sees the benefits of a vigilant testing program, as former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said recently. "I know of a lot of schools, and I don't want to say something I shouldn't say -- but you don't have to drug-test," he says. "If you don't want your boys to be caught with drugs, don't drug-test them."

Indeed, The Magazine's survey of more than 60 schools competing in BCS conferences revealed myriad testing protocols and discipline standards for players testing positive for marijuana and other recreational drugs. One coach at an FBS school admits that when he was an assistant at a previous school, only half of the team's players were ever tested. "And they never tested the guys we knew were smoking," he says.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7819005/ncf-tcu-marijuana-problem-just-one-many-elite-college-programs-espn-magazine

Again, do you have a link that the USF players were suspended for using weed?

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you did see where they defined parity right? the ability for poor teams to improve...

No I don't.  I see this:

There are two different ways to define parity in the sports world. The first is to define parity as an environment in which any team can expect, at any point in time, beat any other given team. The second is to define parity as an environment in which it is possible for any team to win a championship.

• Upvote 1