• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

no just that your job doesn't require much motivation. kind of like a toll booth operator

You think it takes less motivation to get a guy to collect change for minimum wage 40 hours a week  than it does to convince a 20 year old to play a recreational sport on national TV for a free college education?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

and there are some who look like a mortician on the sideline and they suck too.

better tell all those great motivators they are wasting their time.

hell fortune 500 companies pay 100's of thousands every year for motivational speakers to give talks to their sales force

Motivational speakers are cool. But most successful people are successful w/o motivational speakers. ii'm yet to hear any successful person dedicate their success to motivational speakers. I've had a handful of sales jobs in my life and trust me, I hated the stupid motivational speeches that i use to have to sit through. Most of the best sales reps at these companies were great b/c they were motivated by money, not no **** speech. Just like these football players should be motivated by playing time or making it to the NFL (money). I agree that the coaches should "help" motivate players, but they shouldn't be the main source of motivation. I think I've said all i can say on this matter so last word is your buddy. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You think it takes less motivation to get a guy to collect change for minimum wage 40 hours a week  than it does to convince a 20 year old to play a recreational sport on national TV for a free college education?

obviously. it only takes minimum wage(the motivation doesn't get any lower than that) and he's not competing against anyone.

Edited by Bull94

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

obviously. it only takes minimum wage(the motivation doesn't get any lower than that) and he's not competing against anyone

If it was obvious, they’re be a second person on this board who agreed with anything you posted.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Motivational speakers are cool. But most successful people are successful w/o motivational speakers. ii'm yet to hear any successful person dedicate their success to motivational speakers. I've had a handful of sales jobs in my life and trust me, I hated the stupid motivational speeches that i use to have to sit through. Most of the best sales reps at these companies were great b/c they were motivated by money, not no **** speech. Just like these football players should be motivated by playing time or making it to the NFL (money). I agree that the coaches should "help" motivate players, but they shouldn't be the main source of motivation. I think I've said all i can say on this matter so last word is your buddy. 

human beings aren't robots. especially when it comes to an emotional game like football. I'm sorry if you don't think great motivators get players to believe in themselves and play at their true potential.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

ii'm yet to hear any successful person dedicate their success to motivational speakers.

I'm thinking the only successful people who dedicate their success to motivational speakers are motivational speakers ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

If it was obvious, they’re be a second person on this board who agreed with anything you posted.

If toll booth operators performed better with a motivational speech then I'm sure they would get them.

I'm willing to bet football coaches think they are worth it for a reason

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Bull94 said:

human beings aren't robots. especially when it comes to an emotional game like football. I'm sorry if you don't think great motivators get players to believe in themselves and play at their true potential.

I never said that teams or people in life dont need  a good "motivator"....all I'm saying is that the main motivation is on the players. 

Just now, Bull94 said:

If toll booth operators performed better with a motivational speech then I'm sure they would get them.

I'm willing to bet football coaches think they are worth it for a reason

That’s ridiculous, everyone thinks toll booth operators are worth it.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Are toll booth operators' still a thing?