• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay. I agree with that.  When I wrote my email to VPofA MK a month or so ago that is exactly what I told him my concern was.  If we don't fire the head coach then finding a P5 OC to come be our OC would be out of the question.  They would only come here for a HC job.

Does that say what you meant it to say? We're not finding an employed P5 OC to become our OC no matter what the circumstances ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Does that say what you meant it to say? We're not finding an employed P5 OC to become our OC no matter what the circumstances ...

The only way we get a P5 OC to come is as our head coach.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The only way we get a P5 OC to come is as our head coach.  

That's what I thought but mind was having hard time interpreting that sentence ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

On 12/23/2018 at 6:10 PM, Bull94 said:

you do know that our second leading returning receiver is gone along with a DT that had 24 tackles and a sack in 5 games he played in this year(he was suspended for the other 8 games). not to mention a sophomore 3 star DB(offers from sec schools) that had 19 tackles.

I'm not sure you even watch our games if you think none of them played.

As I stated Salomon was the biggest loss playing wise. And yes I watched every single game we played. Did you forget the Tulane game? Did you forget his play during that game? It was one of the worst WR performances that I have ever seen. I was a big supporter for this kid to succeed but it was obvious things were not going well for him and he needs a new start somewhere else. I wish all those kids well wherever they go but the truth is that is not all Strong’s fault or the kids faults it lays somewhere in between.

as I said if you have ever coached sometimes you need to make tough decisions and cut very good players those decisions are never good from the fans views but most times are best for teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

As I stated Salomon was the biggest loss playing wise. And yes I watched every single game we played. Did you forget the Tulane game? Did you forget his play during that game? It was one of the worst WR performances that I have ever seen. I was a big supporter for this kid to succeed but it was obvious things were not going well for him and he needs a new start somewhere else. I wish all those kids well wherever they go but the truth is that is not all Strong’s fault or the kids faults it lays somewhere in between.

as I said if you have ever coached sometimes you need to make tough decisions and cut very good players those decisions are never good from the fans views but most times are best for teams.

including the seniors we are losing almost 30% of our roster from this year.

we will hear a lot of "we are young and inexperienced" "we have very little depth" .any injuries will devastate our roster. not sure how that will be best for our team.

not sure why a program that went 11-2 for two years needed to be blown up and rebuilt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

including the seniors we are losing almost 30% of our roster from this year.

we will hear a lot of "we are young and inexperienced" "we have very little depth" .any injuries will devastate our roster. not sure how that will be best for our team.

not sure why a program that went 11-2 for two years needed to be blown up and rebuilt.

B/C the bulk of the players who actually contributed the the success of that 11-2 team have graduated and many of the remaining players just haven't panned out well. We have 4 seniors and 1 junior defensive end on our team....yet we still couldn't get any decent pass rush?  It is what it is, we needed to clean house and its being done. Everybody is mad about this year....so why be mad that changes are being made?

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

B/C the bulk of the players who actually contributed the the success of that 11-2 team have graduated and many of the remaining players just haven't panned out well. We have 4 seniors and 1 junior defensive end on our team....yet we still couldn't get any decent pass rush?  It is what it is, we needed to clean house and its being done. Everybody is mad about this year....so why be mad that changes are being made?

Exactly we lost Flowers HUGE reason for those 11 win seasons, MVS at WR and many others which we weren’t able to replace. We were skating to a 7-0 record vs weak opposition and many thought another 11 plus win season was on the books, then better opponents, bad play calling, injuries added up to losses. Once that starts to happen trouble in locker room can and did start as it was obvious on the field.

i don’t want to lose any players but sometimes it’s better for team and player to be cut loose and start a fresh.

most of us thought this would be a rebuilding year with 6-8 wins, we never thought we would be 7-0 or 0-6 down the end.

weplayed a lot of freshmen, we get Sawtelle back at middle which was a huge loss and now you have Reaves there also who did as good as could be expected. We need some of those freshmen that didn’t play and those that play to get stronger and better. We need another QB other than Barnett to step up and we need better coaching.

none of the above are impossible to happen next year. 

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

we were 35th in the country for tackles for loss and 43rd in the country for sacks so our d-line must have been doing something right

strong thought he addressed the middle of the line with a transfer from Duke and a freshman that received offers from memphis and wisconsin among others but they were suspended for most of the year and have been let go.

heck one of them was the 2nd leading DT for tackles even though he only played 5 games

our LBs were a travesty and he knew coming in that it was going to be a position of need but he decided to move a safety there

some of you people have your eyes closed

all programs need to replace players UCF lost 4 players to the NFL draft last year

Edited by Bull94

We lost most of that DLine and then had no LBs once Sawtelle went down. No surprise we couldn’t stop the run with young and undersized DL and LBs.

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

We lost most of that DLine and then had no LBs once Sawtelle went down. No surprise we couldn’t stop the run with young and undersized DL and LBs.

you do know that our 2nd leading DT tackler was suspended for 8 games right? and another DT and DL have been let go as well.

Strong knew LB was a position of need and did nothing to address it. he thought moving a d-lineman and a safety there(and then complaining how small we are) was the best remedy.

these are all self inflicted wounds. BTW we were 35th in the country for TFLs and 43rd in sacks.

Edited by Bull94