• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

including the seniors we are losing almost 30% of our roster from this year.

we will hear a lot of "we are young and inexperienced" "we have very little depth" .any injuries will devastate our roster. not sure how that will be best for our team.

not sure why a program that went 11-2 for two years needed to be blown up and rebuilt.

Losing 30% of players where only a few got the job done. This ain’t the nfl...teams in CFB turn it around in one year all the time. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you do know that our 2nd leading DT tackler was suspended for 8 games right? and another DT and DL have been let go as well.

Strong knew LB was a position of need and did nothing to address it. he thought moving a d-lineman and a safety there(and then complaining how small we are) was the best remedy.

these are all self inflicted wounds. BTW we were 35th in the country for TFLs and 43rd in sacks.

Ok and WHY was he suspended? Do you think Strong said oh we are short on the line so let’s suspend a kid that is producing?

how did you know he did nothing to address it? Do you know who he offered and turned us down? Boyles the freshmen LB will be fine in long run just not ready as a freshmen to play.

what place were we at stopping the Run?

you act like these players were not at fault and that all fault lies with Strong, I’m not giving Strong a free pass, coaching sucked but I’m not going to also give a free pass on those players that weren’t doing what they were supposed to do.

Go back and watch those games and look at the effort some of those you mentioned were given

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Losing 30% of players where only a few got the job done. This ain’t the nfl...teams in CFB turn it around in one year all the time. 

sure they do....I see programs fall apart, lose last 6 and kick off 11 players win their conferences the following year all the time

BTW it's easier to turn around an NFL team. they have free agency where players can play right away. any transfers with the exception of graduate transfers have to sit a year in college.

Just now, Cubanbull said:

Ok and WHY was he suspended? Do you think Strong said oh we are short on the line so let’s suspend a kid that is producing?

how did you know he did nothing to address it? Do you know who he offered and turned us down? Boyles the freshmen LB will be fine in long run just not ready as a freshmen to play.

what place were we at stopping the Run?

you act like these players were not at fault and that all fault lies with Strong, I’m not giving Strong a free pass, coaching sucked but I’m not going to also give a free pass on those players that weren’t doing what they were supposed to do.

Go back and watch those games and look at the effort some of those you mentioned were given

I look at the effort as the team as a whole and it was awful.unmotivated. bored. that's on the coaches.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I look at the effort as the team as a whole and it was awful.unmotivated. bored. that's on the coaches.

Really and none of that is on the player?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If you’re awful, unmotivated, and bored playing football, you should find something else to do with your time.

Just now, Cubanbull said:

Really and none of that is on the player?

part of a coach's job is to inspire and motivate. some are good at it. others are not. I'll let you guess which category Strong falls into.

Just now, JTrue said:

If you’re awful, unmotivated, and bored playing football, you should find something else to do with your time.

then I guess he should dismiss the entire team

part of a coach's job is to inspire and motivate. some are good at it. others are not. I'll let you guess which category Strong falls into.

then I guess he should dismiss the entire team

We will see this year if he gets it straighten out or not. Us arguing here on who is too blame solves nothing.

but as I said there is plenty of blame to go around from the coaches to the players. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sure they do....I see programs fall apart, lose last 6 and kick off 11 players win their conferences the following year all the time

BTW it's easier to turn around an NFL team. they have free agency where players can play right away. any transfers with the exception of graduate transfers have to sit a year in college.

Tell that to the Jets, Bills, Jags, niners, fins, etc, etc...CFB much easier to turn around because of turn over and red shirting. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

We will see this year if he gets it straighten out or not. Us arguing here on who is too blame solves nothing.

but as I said there is plenty of blame to go around from the coaches to the players. 

the blame goes to the guy who gets paid $2.5M per year to put a winning product on the field.

we will see what he has in store for crucial year #3