• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Not to defend 94 BUT don't many people on here pine for fCJL because he could motivate less talented players to beat Auburn, etc.?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, usf97 said:

Are toll booth operators' still a thing? 

On the Florida Turnpike, they are.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Not to defend 94 BUT don't many people on here pine for fCJL because he could motivate less talented players to beat Auburn, etc.?

But he couldn’t motivate them to beat UConn. So I guess it’s a wash.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I never said that teams or people in life dont need  a good "motivator"....all I'm saying is that the main motivation is on the players. 

we will agree to disagree. I think coaches give pregame speeches to get teams fired up emotionally. perhaps you think they don't do any good but I for one think there is nothing more important to get players in the right mindset before a competition.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

exactly a great motivator will get players to play  to their maximum abilities. it was pretty clear to see the lack of emotion on the sidelines for much of this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

we will agree to disagree. I think coaches give pregame speeches to get teams fired up emotionally. perhaps you think they don't do any good but I for one think there is nothing more important to get players in the right mindset before a competition.

Okay now. Time to lock this thread.

Just now, Bull94 said:

exactly a great motivator will get players to play  to their maximum abilities. it was pretty clear to see the lack of emotion on the sidelines for much of this year.

That is for sure. When the visiting teams are doing the swag or whatever the heck that thing was after the 3rd quarter and the home team is just sitting around.....  Not a good look.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

apparently you didn't read very far because I quoted and bolded exactly that.

apparently your reading comprehension isn't very good because what you quoted and bolded is the result of parity not the definition of ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking the only successful people who dedicate their success to motivational speakers are motivational speakers ....

I'm glad I kept reading because this was exactly my first thought

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

apparently your reading comprehension isn't very good because what you quoted and bolded is the result of parity not the definition of ....

you can argue whatever you want with the author. My reading comprehension has nothing to do with it. I was just pointing out the fact that this particular author writes that he believes it is easier for an NFL team to move up and be successful.

There are two different ways to define parity in the sports world. The first is to define parity as an environment in which any team can expect, at any point in time, beat any other given team. The second is to define parity as an environment in which it is possible for any team to win a championship. I tend to prefer the latter because, after all, that's what sports is about and winning championships is what fans and franchises care about.

So what does that mean I'm looking for? One of two things, either:

1. A league in which everybody is at or around .500. This league doesn't really exist and I'm not looking for a league that has a whole lot of people clumped in the middle with a few teams at the very high end and a few teams at the very low end. This isn't a display of parity as much as it is a display of wide-spread mediocrity. The few teams at the very top are probably too good for the mass of teams clumped around the middle to compete with in a play-off series. Or,
  2. A league that offers some combination of providing as many good teams as possible and the ability for poor teams to move up and become good teams with relatively little hardship.

Using that, ranking the parity in America's major sports produces a list that looks something like this:

1. MLB
  2. NBA
  3. NFL
  4. College Basketball
  5. College Football
11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm glad I kept reading because this was exactly my first thought

I'm sure Vince Lombardi would disagree

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking the only successful people who dedicate their success to motivational speakers are motivational speakers ....

But that’s the thing about motivation, Dr. Afremow says. The most elite performers, whether they are on the court on in an office, don’t really rely on motivation to perform their best. There’s no need to motivate the motivated.

“I might even argue that motivation is more important for the non-athletes in the real world because people aren’t coming to watch us,” he said. “The red light, the camera, the TV’s are not on us.”

http://www.goldmedalmind.net/about-dr-jim/

Dr. Jim Afremow is a Triple B disciple.