• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is not getting fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/13/charlie-strong-7-6-wont-work-for-usf-this-season/

From 3 months ago

Did he want this record? Let the conspiracy theories begin...

Edited by Gobulls90
Never mind somebody got to it first

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, MikeG said:

based on the background information this poster (gatorBull325) gave before-- I don't understand why they are laughing at us saying CCS will get fired since their understanding of football seems exceedingly limited in the first place. I mean-- they picked a team based on having fellow Haitians on the team?

My guess is they cannot understand how a "winning" coach can be fired. Easy-- stop performing and meeting expectations. Both of those boxes are checked for CCS.

The only coaches that gets fired after their 2nd year are coaches at schools that actually have won something and have a strong HISTORY of achievements. I understand Notre Dame, UM, USC, FSU, UF, Alabama, and schools like Texas. You see I hated UF fans arrogance which is part of the reason I stopped watching Gator games. UF fans just freakin annoyed me with their arrogance and sense of entitlement. But the difference b/w the arrogance of UF fans and USF fans is that USF haven't won enough Chiit to warrant that attitude. UF has won titles, SEC championships and BCS bowl games. So I understand their desire to CONTINUE that success. USF has been a part of 3 conferences and haven't won any of them. Golden boy Levitt never won Chiit. Neither has holtz, or taggart. But the difference b/w them and CCS is that at least each of those coaches had 3-4 years to not win chiit. I get it Charlie is not coaching to expectations, but either way, USF does not have enough clout, history or any kind of success to warrant firing a coach with a winning record after his 2nd year w/o suffering backlash. We will lose out on recruits, take a nice public relations hit, and the bar will; be so high for the next coach that he will be unable to live up to the pressure of making up for firing a coach with a winning record. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with CCS for at least 1 more year. This sense of entitlement to think USF is good enough to fire a coach his 2nd year 2 baffles me. You are all wasting your breath, keystrokes, time and effort crying for it to happen. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The only coaches that gets fired after their 2nd year are coaches at schools that actually have won something and have a strong HISTORY of achievements. I understand Notre Dame, UM, USC, FSU, UF, Alabama, and schools like Texas. You see I hated UF fans arrogance which is part of the reason I stopped watching Gator games. UF fans just freakin annoyed me with their arrogance and sense of entitlement. But the difference b/w the arrogance of UF fans and USF fans is that USF haven't won enough Chiit to warrant that attitude. UF has won titles, SEC championships and BCS bowl games. So I understand their desire to CONTINUE that success. USF has been a part of 3 conferences and haven't won any of them. Golden boy Levitt never won Chiit. Neither has holtz, or taggart. But the difference b/w them and CCS is that at least each of those coaches had 3-4 years to not win chiit. I get it Charlie is not coaching to expectations, but either way, USF does not have enough clout, history or any kind of success to warrant firing a coach with a winning record after his 2nd year w/o suffering backlash. We will lose out on recruits, take a nice public relations hit, and the bar will; be so high for the next coach that he will be unable to live up to the pressure of making up for firing a coach with a winning record. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with CCS for at least 1 more year. This sense of entitlement to think USF is good enough to fire a coach his 2nd year 2 baffles me. You are all wasting your breath, keystrokes, time and effort crying for it to happen. 

Thanks for putting your reasoning out there, but your respectability politics answer doesn’t seem to hold water. The next will and should get more time, but CCS walked into a special situation and is leaving a special dumpster fire behind. You don’t have to have the accolades from ESPN or banners to have standards. That is a fallacy. You think those schools were like “well we haven’t won anything yet, so we’re cool with a terribleness coach”? No, this is a young program that is still finding its footing and we shouldn’t settle for this kind of crap all performance 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Thanks for putting your reasoning out there, but your respectability politics answer doesn’t seem to hold water. The next will and should get more time, but CCS walked into a special situation and is leaving a special dumpster fire behind. You don’t have to have the accolades from ESPN or banners to have standards. That is a fallacy. You think those schools were like “well we haven’t won anything yet, so we’re cool with a terribleness coach”? No, this is a young program that is still finding its footing and we shouldn’t settle for this kind of crap all performance 

I have no proof that USF will not fire CCS. I just know **** well they WON't fire him. And what special situation CCs walked in? All of the players that made our team great graduated last year. Unfortuntely, we have the remaining players from the Taggart era and most of them didnt step up. At this point, CCs has a recruiting class and a half (I dont count the 1st class as his).  Hopefully he brings is another great class this year. USF will get better with CCS. There is nothing else for me to say. Im hoping he fires Gilbert, but I'm just going to let chiit play out. 

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

some of y'all think he's actually a good coach... which he's not.  He's clueless and unaware during games and gives zero fks about USF.  I for one think he lack the acumen necessary to be a successful head coach.  

And you also said that Herm Edwards is the worst coach ever and will fall flat on his Ah$$ this year......but Arizona State is going bowling, has beat a few ranked teams and ALL of his losses came by a touchdown or less this year. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have no proof that USF will not fire CCS. I just know **** well they WON't fire him. And what special situation CCs walked in? All of the players that made our team great graduated last year. Unfortuntely, we have the remaining players from the Taggart era and most of them didnt step up. At this point, CCs has a recruiting class and a half (I dont count the 1st class as his).  Hopefully he brings is another great class this year. USF will get better with CCS. There is nothing else for me to say. Im hoping he fires Gilbert, but I'm just going to let chiit play out. 

The special situation he walked into is his unique contract. 

He also walked into a top 5 offense that has been dismantled by philosophy, not just by graduations. 

He took over a program that had set records for most games in a row over 30 points. That was exciting and allowed it be turned into a bore fest. 

Even in this season’s early wins you could see (at least anyone with football acumen, although I must admit that Iwas hoping he was just letting young guys experience early) that the team was not playing a high level of ball. 

By all accounts, Strong took over a winning program with a lot of good, young recruits. Did he not say he felt we are reloading, not rebuilding?

the downward spiral is on him and the coaching staff. 

If Kelly re-ups Strong and the staff he owns the hire as if he hired him. That means, in my book, the record next year is on Kelly and the increased burden of higher buyout is on Kelly. If the department/program is strapped for cash its on Kelly as the move forward. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Strong wont get fired.

Atleast Strong is a decent recruiter so even if he were to fail he will leave team in good shape player wise...see Texas.

It wont be like end of Holtz era when we were in really bad shape.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The only coaches that gets fired after their 2nd year are coaches at schools that actually have won something and have a strong HISTORY of achievements.

Like such storied programs as Western Kentucky?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/football/2018/11/25/western-kentucky-fires-football-coach-mike-sanford/2109312002/

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Is today the day CCS doesn't get fired?  Any private jets coming in from Texas lol

7 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

The special situation he walked into is his unique contract. 

He also walked into a top 5 offense that has been dismantled by philosophy, not just by graduations. 

He took over a program that had set records for most games in a row over 30 points. That was exciting and allowed it be turned into a bore fest. 

Even in this season’s early wins you could see (at least anyone with football acumen, although I must admit that Iwas hoping he was just letting young guys experience early) that the team was not playing a high level of ball. 

By all accounts, Strong took over a winning program with a lot of good, young recruits. Did he not say he felt we are reloading, not rebuilding?

the downward spiral is on him and the coaching staff. 

If Kelly re-ups Strong and the staff he owns the hire as if he hired him. That means, in my book, the record next year is on Kelly and the increased burden of higher buyout is on Kelly. If the department/program is strapped for cash its on Kelly as the move forward. 

He also lost 99% of the players that made this team a top 5 offense his 2nd year. I will be the first to admit, I over estimated this team and the rebuilding process it will take. 

37 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

WKU coach went 6-7 his first year and 1 - 9 his 2nd year. CCS is 17-7 or 18-6 his 2 years here. Is that really your rebuttal?