• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is not getting fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

😂😂😂 Some of you really think he will get fired.

Come on man. You understand the basic math in this formula right? You also understand his trajectory as a coach right? Would you put your money on the line hoping for him to get better knowing you were going to have to pay him a boatload more money when he fails next season? What have you seen from him this season that makes it think he’s worth brining back?

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

based on the background information this poster gave before-- I don't understand why they are laughing at us saying CCS will get fired since their understanding of football seems exceedingly limited in the first place. I mean-- they picked a team based on having fellow Haitians on the team?

My guess is they cannot understand how a "winning" coach can be fired. Easy-- stop performing and meeting expectations. Both of those boxes are checked for CCS.

I get where you’re coming from, but he does make good contributions sometimes. I just wanted for him to articulate why he thinks he stays. Justin did it, and I respect someone who can backup a statement with their own reasoning. Not some just because dude can beat some sorry ass teams excuse

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

If Gilbert gets canned, maybe we should try to bring in Kingsbury as OC if they are not going to promote King. Kingsbury put Mayfield on the map and developed Mahomes. He would open that offense

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

2 minutes ago, mikemcp88 said:

If Gilbert gets canned, maybe we should try to bring in Kingsbury as OC if they are not going to promote King. Kingsbury put Mayfield on the map and developed Mahomes. He would open that offense

I wouldn't be opposed but fear CCS would throttle down any attempt at being aggressive on offense.

CCS is a lost cause at this point. He has been for most of the season-- you can see it in his press conferences and on the sideline. Cut him and most of this staff loose

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

A couple of people were already fired. Kliff was let go this morning. Why are we wasting time?

Probably because nobody is getting fired. 

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

Probably because nobody is getting fired. 

🤬🤬🤬🤬 to all that noise. I still want to believe it’s going to happen tomorrow. So

16178779.jpg

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

It might be that Kelly is working behind the scenes to find a candidate who understands why we are replacing a winning coach in the first place. You put some feelers out there before you commit maybe?

Not sure. God help this program if they sit on their hands, or wait beyond the new contract kicking in and costing us a ton more money for no reason.

4 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

🤬🤬🤬🤬 to all that noise. I still want to believe it’s going to happen tomorrow. So

16178779.jpg

wow-- that picture sums up our situation so well...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

It's not that he didn't win enough this season. All teams having tough years. Winning is a byproduct of a good product.

We looked incompetent. Ok, not scheming to the skillsets of the skill positions.  He took the aggressiveness out of the team by his game mismanagement. There is no "fiending for touchdowns" anymore. A lot of the players look and play like they are in worse shape now than the beginning of the year. We went from being a second half team, to being completely out of gas in the 3rd quarter. And being out of shape and fatigue has undoubtedly contributed to being "but by the injury bug". 

We have seen this before, and are still trying to recover from it. We need to cut bait before we head too far behind and take another 5 years to recover AGAIN.

You can’t fire someone after 2 seasons

DaDFycMVMAAZAV6.jpg

• Haha 2